Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Band BBQ

I had been super busy with work and stuff until I didn't get to help out much for the BBQ (for the band) that happened tonight.

No photos by me 'cos I didn't bring my camera. Didn't bring my camera because waistpouch no space.

BUT!

Yongxiang took many photos for his blog so do head over for a peek!
Meanwhile, I leeched these off ('cos I'm in the photos mah):

Wilfred (left) and Yingshun (the soon-to-be-father) in the centre. There I am in my au naturel state.




Crappy sia. Really should have tucked my hair behind my ears - if only my fingers were not oily.



Caught me in the act, taking a time-out bite on a hot dog in the midst of bbq-ing.




I went to YL's place to pick up the radio, and lugged it all the way to Bedok, then took a cab to East Coast Big Splash.

They actually managed to get the pit right in front of Big Splash. Good spot. A small handful were busy starting the fire. I most certainly do not know how to start one so I made myself scarce.

One of the band mates is married and his wife is pregnant. I last saw her in June (during our concert) when she still didn't look like she was pregnant. Today I saw her with the tummy big and round. Such a pretty sight. The baby is due next month. So exciting.... heehee... THey even have a name for her already: Natalie. Awwwwwwwwwwwww................

Anyway, when the fire finally got going, we started the cooking. That was about 6pm (I think). My turn to contribute and watch over the food. It actually is the whole point of BBQ-ing isn't it? Doing the food is actually more fun than just eating it - and healthier too. Haha! Some more everything was from www.bbqwholesale.com so it was super easy to cook. No preparation or whatever needed. Just throw it onto the BBQ pit and make sure you get it out when it looks done.

People came late of course. By 7pm we already cooked most of the food and I pretty much had my share already.

There was a family that snuggled by the lamp post very close to our pit. A bunch of us were curious about what they were doing huddling there. Turned out they grabbed a pail of water from the sea and were picking out what was in it. Guess what? There were tiny fish and they were transferring them over to a big empty bottle. The most amazing part was that they actually caught a tiny jelly fish too!!! It was about the size of a 50cent coin, swimming about in the bottle. Wow.....

We hung around and talked some more till about 9+ before we all started the car-pooling for everyone's trip home.

A simple get together. I enjoyed it.

---------------------

I'm planning to go to Marina Square tomorrow to do a little shopping. Let's see what I'll end up buying. Shopping is therapeutic to me - like how some girls eat chocolate to bail themselves out of a bad mood. But, leaving me to shop alone can be a very dangerous thing for my bank account.
I need a revamp for my wardrobe (I've been saying this the whole year)... and I need a new pair of casual heels and flats 'cos the current ones are pretty worn out.

So it wouldn't be without cause to shop wouldn't it? Heehee..

---------------------

It is definitely a sign of growing fat when even your own mummy warns against eating too much. Mummy told me that this is my optimum size and weight, and I should watch what I eat. Said my face is as round as ki's liaoz.

Looks like I've got to stop all that pasta and cheese.

Technically, I'm still slightly underweight.
Socially, I'm on the path to being chubby.
Personally, I'd like the boobs to grow and everything else can shrink all they want.

7 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger socute333 said...

suddenly i'm feeling so hungry... just remembered i ate only one meal today siah i want bbq food... at the beach.... and roller blading in the sun... your blog is creating a lot of needs in me hee

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

HAHAHHAAHA!~
then time to eat ah! How can 1 day eat 1 meal?!?!?!?!?!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Can. I Also Can One Day Eat One Meal. Slp Until 5pm Den Wake Up.
Eat Damm Alot Liao Den Go Slp Again Until Next Day.
Lydat Eat One Meal Nia.
Wuhahaha
=X

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technically, I'm still slightly underweight.
Socially, I'm on the path to being chubby.
Personally, I'd like the boobs to grow and everything else can shrink all they want.

now dat's direct. lol. :P

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

chang: that's true too.. hmm..

Pala: true mahz. i really putting on weight lehz... need to manage my food intake liaoz. too much pasta and cheese.. ah.. just typing it makes me wanna eat it.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pasta n cheese ah... actually read already i oso wanna eat. lol. :P

i tink no point telling gers dat they're not fat lah. no one will believe one. haha. :P

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

it's true lorz. my mummy everyday see me also say like that... kaoz.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home