Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Comex night

Ki woke me up this morning and I played with him the entire afternoon.



He squished my penguin by sitting on it. Blech. He's lucky he's cute enough to offset just about everything and anything he does.





By 3+ we had to bring him to my sister's place 'cos we all had plans. Turns out when we were on the way, my mum discovered that my elder sister was not home. Only the father was in, so we brought ki to his other grandma's place. We were assuming the maid they just hired for her would be in. [She just had an operation on her spine, you see.] Turns out, for some odd reason, the maid actually went with the auntie to some wedding. What the hell sia.....
Anyway, ki fell asleep so we weren't so worried and just left him with her. Poor boy.. hope he didn't start wailing when we woke up.

We continued on our car ride. Dad was gonna give me a lift to Marina Square. I was really hoping to check the "new" place out. But alas, it was true, the traffic at the exit of the ECP to Suntec was absolutely horrendous.

Guess what? My dad ended up having to drop me at Bugis. They were on their way to watch a concert by the Singapore Chinese Orchestra (free tickets mahz). I figured it was still a shopping centre, and at least they could probably still make it to the place on time.

I happily made my way around Bugis Junction.. free to enter whatever shop I wanted and linger for as much as I liked. (Not like I don't do that with Dearie, but the feeling's different lahz.)

I checked out plenty of clothes, but only tried 1 top that ended up not fitting. Most of the clothes were well within what I was willing to pay (meaning around $30), but they either:
- didn't look good.
- not my size.
- bad quality (pasar malam cotton for $30? Sorry lorz. I'll go pasar malam and buy.)

Too bad I didn't go over to Bugis Street. I'm sure I'd have landed up with something over there, only that the weather was VERY WET and I was not about to huddle there today.

I ended up getting dinner for myself - 1 potato carochan (potato croquette) and 1 sausage bread. I bought a squid stick from Old Chang Kee, another carochan, and 3 tacopachi balls - all for Dearie. Got a papaya milkshake and was all set to make my way to Suntec.

Having no time constraints is such a wonderful feeling. I took my time walk to Shaw Towers, and then over the overhead bridge to Suntec. From there, I went into Watsons and this time (like what Watsons miraculously does to every other girl), I bought something. heehee...

I got ZA masks (usual $29.90) at $14.90 sia. BARGAIN AH! Just buy lorz. Otherwise whole day really no buy anything ah. Come out shop expect to go home with a load of clothes end up without anything. So horrible. I need to shop more on Yahoo Auctions liaoz.

Anyway, cut through the crowd and made my way up. I saw an advert on the way for a "Designer Brands" sale of up to 70% off. The small font read: Fragrances, Men's Apparel, Ladies' bags. Now BAGS is an attraction.

I happily made my way over, seeing the throngs of people going up and down the escalators while I walked to the hall for the sale. Guess what I saw? ANOTHER FREAKING MOB! I think as scary as the ones going to Comex! All queueing up at the cashier. I don't know how many hours they were inside shopping, and how many more it'll take for them to pay and get out.

I passed on the sale and just decided to go up to Comex instead.

The 6th floor was definitely more crowded today than on Friday. Squeezing through with the food getting cold in my hands, I finally got to a small clearing at the citibank booth. I stopped for a while to read something at their counter - and got caught doing it.

FOr the next 5-10 mins I had a chinaman (whose English sounded Hong-kee) trying to sell me Citibank's deposit plan. Sounded quite promising really (having a bank account with 1% interest - as opposed to current other banks giving 0.125%), since I've always wanted an account with them, but ever the sceptic, I just allowed him to take my name and contact numbers while I considered. I am afterall quite willing to hear what other plans they may have I could take up, and it was only after I came home and consulted my mummy that she said the 1% interest wouldn't be worth the trouble. The hunt continues.......

Meanwhile, I bid good bye to citibank and got to see Dearie at long last. He had bought his 17" Viewsonic LCD monitor. And check out what was his lucky dip prize:



Nope, not the paper bag but the 3 little birdies you see on the bottom. Yes, those 3 tiny birds that are supposed to look like those on the paper bag. They're made of those standard handicraft material with stick on eyes. His colleague (Shuxuan) and I just couldn't help laughing. He said even the salesperson laughed. HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!

I left my belongings with Dearie and went to the 4th floor to gather product info brochures for digital cameras, and to check out some prices. When I went in, I knew that I would only be able to collect as much as I could and butt out quickly. What a crowd. The whole floor was covered in brochures and stuff. People were buying stuff as if they were almost free.

I went to the various counters and got what I could from each. I tried to look out for what YL needed to get, but after scanning through several booths, I didn't see any carrying the items. Most of what I saw were laptops, PCs, cameras and printers. The peripherals were more of memory cards and CDs.

I managed to get out with a whole stack of brochures. I'll bring them to the office and scan through them during lunch or something.

Comex is supposed to close at 9pm, but there were the last minute buyers who came to Dearie's redemption booth. I tried to help when I could, and landed up leaving the place at 9:30pm.

Dearie didn't buy World of Warcraft afterall. He was hoping for prices to get slashed during the last 15 mins of the sale but it was not to be.

Shuxuan had also bought an LCD monitor (her dad and brother passed to her. dunno why didn't help her bring home.). Dearie was lugging his, and she lugging hers. All the way to the MRT station we went 'cos that was the only transport that seemed possible to get us home at all.

Dearie just told me his monitor has a dead pixel in the centre. Eeks. Gotta call them tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I'm way past my bedtime.

I'm hungry........
oh no....... I'm really going to grow fat at this rate.......

6 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah...the birdies so cute~~~ O_O" haha, i oso wan siah. :P

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

i think if u want, u can buy it from him. HAHAHAHAHA! I'm sure he won't mind.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahaha. THE BIRDIES ! ! ! ! !
Lucky He Nv Buy WoW.
Arbo I Think He Will Whole Day Psycho Me To Buy.
Anyway He Nv Buy Is A Good Thing.
He Study Plus Work, Sure Bo Hua One. Ppl Can Play Whole Day He Cannot.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

ya. he keep trying to psycho everyone to buy sia.... then u and patrick both no buy.. he also sianz 1/2 liaoz.

the birdies damn farny. HAHAHAHA! u have to see the real thing even farnier!!! HAHAHA!

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heya heya, can take a close up of the birdies? lol. :D

Me oso nv play WoW b4. dunnoe whether nice or not leh. But then considering is monthly scription one. den super bo hua for me oso. :(

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

monthly subscription not cheap sia. really. unless all u do is play that game, otherwise, i think better not waste money.
the birdies no close up. maybe this weekend. heehee..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home