Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, September 18, 2005

What a handful

It is certainly no joke to take care of a kid. It just drains every bit of energy out of you, but when he looks at you and pleads you to play with him some more, somehow some kind of energy gets welled up in you and you gather yourself to do anything for him.

The power of kiki.
Hahahaha!

Saturday:
[In case anyone should get confused, my sis = ki's mummy.]
Got to the lantern festival late. An hour late. Dearie and I had left his grandma's place at 7, and to make things worse, we missed an exit on the expressway and made a big round before finally meeting up with ki and his mummy.

[My parents had brought the good Casio Exilim camera to Malacca so I was left with the Fuji one which would have been good if it weren't faulty. BLECH. So most of the photos here were taken with my sis' Canon - which was really laggy.]



Just check out all the fun he had last night!



It was amazingly crowded. I never knew there were so many kids in the area - and I never knew that this kinda event really got people will go sia.



Here's a failed attempt at a photo:


Then the successful one:


We reached there in time for the lantern procession. We joined in towards the tail of the line. It was a loooong walk.


Ki ki started to get tired and would stop at times. Dearie was carrying him alot of the way actually. Ki loves Dearie to carry him 'cos he can carry him and fling him all over the place.


We stopped again for Ki to rest and for Dearie to take a time-out too. [Btw, his aeroplane lantern is a gift from Nisa's bf. Dearie liked it alot. HAHAHAHA!]


As we took our rests, we began to fall back to be the last few people of the procession. Incidentally, MP for our constituency Mr Arthur Fong was mingling around, and his helpful assistant offered to snap a photo for us!!! THis photo is soooo going to be proudly displayed at home!


We walked on and spotted the moon. Big and round. It's the highest roundest thing at the top of the photo.


On and on we went, and made our way back to the event area.


Ki was tired. He hadn't ate dinner. It was late. He drank alot of water though. The night was extremely warm.


We allowed him to snack in the mean time.


We called home to check if Nisa was around. We asked her to help us call for Macdonalds while we prepared to make our way back. When we left, the place was still very crowded. The lucky draw was to be held only another 1-2hrs later.


See what I mean?


Along the way, he wanted to play this little springy thingy so we just let him.


He got his dose of dinner when we got back, and he began to turn the whole place upside down. Needless to say he did ask for his grandma and grandpa (my parents) a few times, but eventually he was satisfied enough with we 3 sisters.



He was exhausted, but still insisted on playing. Nisa had to rush her assignment(s) so she could only help to play with him as and when she stepped out of the room. It didn't help that she was not eating.

His mummy and I were running after him the whole night. I think guys are (like what a few of my lecturers have already mentioned - from research some more) really weaker. He must have been very tired and just landed up reading the papers and watching TV. He loves ki, but I think the lantern procession really wore him out too. (Ki heavy lehz.) Anyway, it was my sis and my responsibility for the night to care for him.

Somehow, while playing, he lay down on the sofa while Dearie was reading the papers, and he just suddenly fell asleep before I could read to him. Awwwww.....

Dearie tried to carry him into the room, but in the end we still had to let his mummy do it. Then I crashed in with Dearie on the couch to enjoy some TV time. My sis prepared to sleep on the arm chair (which can be laid out quite comfortably as a makeshift bed) 'cos for some reason she didn't feel like sleeping in my parents' room.

I snuggled with Dearie till late, and toggled with the TV volume so we wouldn't wake my sis up, but I think she was so exhausted she wouldn't have minded. Nisa was still busy with her assignment going in and out of the room every now and then.

By the time Dearie got home, I fell asleep in my bed..... Since ki was going to wake up and mess up the house, we didn't bother to clean the place up.

It was such a wonderful deep sleep..... but it just had to be ruiined by the storm. At 6am, I woke up and had to close the windows in the house. My sis woke up but quickly fell back to sleep. I didn't see Nisa come out from hers and assumed she slept through it.

[I later learnt she had woken up 3 times that night - once 'cos my mum called at 4am when our brother-in-law called asking the whereabouts of my sis; second time was 'cos ki had somehow set a radio alarm to go off in her room; and third time was 'cos of the rain, but she couldn't get up after all the previous awakenings.]

By 9am, ki was up and ready for more action again. I pulled myself out and started to watch over him and see what he needed. His mummy woke up when we walked over to her. It was going to be the start of yet another super tiring day.

His mummy started looking for food for ki, and washed him up. I watered the plants, fed the rabbits and fish, and prepped myself to play with ki some more.

We brought him to Shop n Save opposite our place 'cos I needed to buy my dad's New Paper (my dad's obsessed with newspapers), and the rabbits needed more food.

By 2pm, I tried to get ki to take a nap. Who'd have known I fell asleep first, and my sis landed up having to try to read and sing to him. I think I was KO-ed for a good 2 hours. I could've slept some more, but leaving my sis to take care of ki alone would be a tad cruel wouldn't it? Mother and son alone time together good lahz, but left for too long can be damn difficult lorz.

By 8pm, ki had to go back to his other grandma's place. My sis got all the stuff ready and they set off. I was a little reluctant to let him go. He had drained all my energy but he was just sooooooooo cuuuuuute. He didn't seem like he wanted to leave, but when his mummy lef the house, he promptly followed her out. Only his mummy got the power to bring him back to his other grandma's house without crying. I can't say the same about when his mum has to go back to her house and leave ki though.

Ah well... it was exhausting. My parents came back before 10. By then I had cleared all of ki's toys, tidied up the house, and cleaned the floor. I am most definitely better at keeping the house clean than anything else. It didn't take me long and it didn't seem to feel as tired after, as compared to playing with ki for say half an hour.

-----

So I didn't get to cook for Dearie today. But he did get to go for his sashimi buffet with his buddies. I'll be off to Bintan next weekend. YIPPEEEEE...

Tomorrow's yet another day at work. Lots to do. I've got classes on Mon, Tues AND Wed nights. Gonna be tough.

Another busy and happening week ahead. I'm just another girl, but somehow my itinerary is always bursting with events and plans... Only when I started this blog did I realise that I actually have this full a life. Wow.

But I've treasured every moment of it. From the beginning (meaning before this blog horz), I've savoured and basked in how lucky I am. I have a good life. I know it. And I'm thankful for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home