Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Mood swings suck

Classes resumed on Monday. This semester I will be taking:
- Elements of Applied Social Psychology
- Marketing
- Principle of Accounts

Before class, I met up with a course mate to pass her some old notes. She didn’t make it pass her Econs and Maths.

Her first words were: WAH! Ni3 fa1 fu2 le4!!! [Meaning: WAH! You’ve put on weight!]

That simply confirms what the weighing scale(s) have been telling me, on top of my mum’s observant eyes.

To anyone who needs to gain weight, here’s the tip: Eat pasta. Eat it at least once a week. It apparently works. DESPITE my 1km jogs in May and June, and the occasional ones in July/Aug, PASTA WORKS.

Ok. Back to class. Luckily it was Psychology – ‘cos it’s the subject I’ve been wanting to take up ever since I knew it was available. I didn’t and still don’t care about the examinations portion of this subject. At least not yet.

Best part was that the lecturer was funny. Classes at SIM are very important to me. As it is I don’t study outside of class time, so I must be super attentive in class. It really helps that most of the lecturers really take the effort to spice it up and make it interesting enough for us to not doze off halfway.

-----

Tuesday:

My mobile phone was still with YL so I was stuck with my dad’s Panasonic. It was hell to SMS. I am so thankful that my beloved nokia is back ‘cos YL actually came to my place to return it!

-----

That entire day I was busy making calls to travel agencies and being the middleman between my friends and the agency was certainly quite an annoying experience. Somehow, within this gang, I always land up being the coordinator or organiser for outings or even birthdays. Could be ‘cos I like it (and I do it for a living anyway), but there’s a limit to everything.

When work is piling up and I still gotta do all that stuff, I get irritated. I’m lucky the travel agency girl was really patient and all. Everything seems to be settling down nicely now. I hope. If the trip goes well, at least all these wouldn't be in vain, and I shall bask in the fruits of my labour.

-----

The dieting pig is detoxing. She’s going to fast for 10 days, and will only allow herself to drink a maple syrup drink during that period. This is her weight-loss plan.
I think it’s nuts.
My mum’s pissed off.
People out there not enough food to eat, here she is, taking a bite of what my mum prepares for her then say she’s not allowed to eat any more. In a way this maple syrup thingy may be better. My mum needn’t prepare anything so no food (and effort) will go to waste.

Whatever. We have no hold over whatever she does anyway. We’ll just watch and see what happens.

-----

All my life savings have been put into a fixed deposit. For the next 2 years I will be broke. It’s been a loooong time since I had to worry about keeping my account above $500. The returns are actually quite lousy, but definitely many times better than a bank’s.

Henceforth begins the test on whether my take home salary of about $1100+ is enough for me.

I wonder when Dearie will ever return me the money for his bike……. I’m starting to think that it is NEVER………………. (‘cos he wants to buy a new computer first, then a PSP, more games, World Of Warcraft, and then a bigger bike. I ask you: when would you forsee him returning any money?! Some more he need to return money for his studies.)

Yeah yeah. Of all things I could be irritated about, it had to be money. Well, I worked damned hard for it, so don't expect me to be nice about it. When I lent it, I was given the expectation that I would receive a sum every month till it's paid off.

Again, whatever. Need to stop giving myself problems to think about.

Either way...

I will never ever lend big sums of money to anyone any more.

NEVER.

-----

This is probably the worst blog entry I’ve ever written. I feel worn out today. My dark eye circles are a huge sign that I am in need of sleep. I’ve got Accounts class tonight. Ahhh…

Plenty of stuff on my mind. Can’t concentrate on anything properly. My thoughts are all over the place.

I think it’s just that I’m burnt out. I’m very tired, but I don’t have enough leave to take a day off and relax. I hope the Bintan trip will help. I seriously need some pampering.

Then again it could be my freaking mood swing. Damn things come and go. At least I have this avenue to rant.

11 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

heehee! thanx sugarbf..... :O)

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

yup.. agreed with sugarbf.

i'm in TAT situation before whereby i lent the money, it NEVER returns back. =[

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Me Too. Bad Experience. I Lent My Fren $300 When I Was 16. Now I'm 22 And Not Even A Cent Back.
Whenever I Ask The Money From My Fren, He'll Say He Will Return Me Next PayDay. But The PayDay Seems To Take Forever.
I Still Gt Kena Before I Ask Him Payback, He Say No Money Next Mth Den Pay.
Den The Next Day, He Tell Me He Buy PS2, Ask Me Go His House Play.
WHAT THE FUCK SIA !

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

wah. this kind of fella i'll go over and take his ps2 as ransom lorz.

wow.. all of us got into this situation before. amazing.

bike ain't under my name, so i can't do anything except whine abt the money. My dearie's great and all, but when it comes to money mgt ..... damn horrible.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh... it's kinda sad to talk abt money b/w a couple rite? hmm... dun lend also cannot... lend also scare wat if u nv get it back... esp yrs is a big sum... why not ask him to pay u back 100/mth... den he can still save up for his luxury as well as pay u back... tt's probably gonna take him yrs to pay u back already... have him clear this before e big bike arrived n... =P

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Think He Won't Buy A Big Bike Lah. Nowadays The Petrol Price Scared Him Off Liao. If He Change A Bigger Bike He Will Cry Lor.
Got A Form Of Transport Ok Liao Lah. Want Big Bike For Wat. Singapore Also Cannot Speed What, Somemore He Ride So Slow One.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

YL: $100 a month.. wah.. really take years lorz.... i'll lose count easily..

Yes. wat a horrible dilemma. Money vs loved one. why i always kenna?! I should have learnt from my past experiences liaoz! ARGH!

Chang: are u sure? i dun think so lorz. he'll still want it. and he wants ALOT more OTHER things with it (like I said: new compy, etc.). scary. got money to spend no money to return. like ur case like that.

ah well.. wat to do......

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger socute333 said...

ya when in a relationship its hard not to help your darling when he needs money but when darling has the money he will think aiya nair mind la after all my bike also she sit wat? then he tells you i need to buy new bike you also benefit... so my conclusion: never let darling know how much money you save and don be too soft-hearted otherwise after get married the other darling will suffer

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

words of wisdom from hiao auntie. ur analysis of him telling me how much a new bike can benefit me has indeed happened.

I'd heed ur advice but too late for me liaoz.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

Yeah hiao auntie!

I think girls must have a "back path" for themselves..

You never know what will happen!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger socute333 said...

juz a gal
don know if i should kay poh or not... but if you want to hear my advise drop me an email... i know exactly what you are feeling....

you should think of the future implications...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home