Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Lilies On The River - d-day

Got myself ready to leave the house at 1pm 'cos we needed to pick Kiki and his parents up. We were ALL going for the event. Mainly to watch me on stage. Don't say I evil horz. I already advised them to bring earplugs or listen at their own risk.

Ki was so excited to be going out. He always is. And the more the merrier.

Dad parked at the parliament carpark, so we had to walk the length of boat quay to reach the event location (which was just outside Raffles MRT).



The sun was scorching. The heat was unbelievable. I wasn't wearing much and I was already starting to sweat through my top. Some more I thought I was one of those who can tahan heat better. Apparently not this type of noon-heat.

Ki probably couldn't care less. He was fascinated enough by the lilies that were floating on the water, and the boats on the river.





The carnival had many stores lined up along the river and many passers-by did stop to listen to the performances on stage and take a look at what was on sale. I did see more volunteers than visitors though.



I managed to meet up with YL. I lent her my HP (hers low batt mahz) and went without one the entire afternoon. No biggie to me since no one ever looks for me anyway - except during work days, for work. blech.

Ironically, my mum bought a toy handphone for kiki and he was glued to it completely ever since.





Makes him feel like an adult... awwwww...



YL was very busy the entire day. I saw her and Evelyn running around the whole place very often. I wanted to help, but I didn't even know how. I was also getting increasingly nervous when May was not there yet. And that our turn to perform just kept creeping up closer...... I got to talk to her on and off throughout the afternoon.

But YL took some time out to greet kiki who was STILL fascinated with his toy handphone.



At the same time she handed me some coupons worth $10 - for performers sia. I didn't even know got such privilege. So cool.

Somehow, time flew by. May came with the keyboard, her mum and the maid. Her mummy's the super kan cheong type. Reminds me of my mum a long time ago - but also not so extreme. haha! But her mum's really nice. Heehee!

We all kan cheong about our performance which was scheduled after a Taufik-soundalike. Kaoz. If people compare confirm we jialatz wat!!!
A good thing we noticed was that there weren't that many people seated in front of the stage to listen to the performances. There were speakers throughout the carnival, but at least we didn't have to see their faces when they grimaced at my voice. Haha!

Then, the time came. The emcees gave the intro to our performance. I really should've vetted the "script" sia. Say I win awards for singing before. WAH KAOZ! Eons ago I win in SECONDARY school competition SECOND prize only lorz. And my company one is also HENG HENG get it. Again it's SECOND nia. Award means only 1 prize and that 1 person got it lehz.

STRESS.

We went up on stage, tested the mics and couldn't wait to get it over and done with. We were really thankful for the few people who did stick around and managed to keep their faces straight. There were some really good performances before us, making ours seem amateurish and under-practised (which of course, is the truth).



Check out how retarded I look.



Both of us, in all our nervousness started off, and sure enough, I forgot my lyrics. Ah-HA! I already knew I was going to forget so I just made sure I kept quiet and let the piano fill the couple of lines that I missed. HA! Otherwise, everything else went ok on my side. May slipped a few notes, and I didn't hit some too accurately either. All in all, we did our best and just as we expected.

I really enjoy going on stage but when it's to sing in English for the first time, you're under-rehearsed, it doesn't seem like such a good idea after all.

Still, we pulled it off. I saw Kiki clapping through every song I sang, and applause everytime it ended. My brother-in-law had a great time whistling and cheering, making heads turn. My elder sis was of course, the photographer. Most of this part's in video, but I managed to extract this:



Tada! My brother-in-law. Haha!

Ok lahz. Here's a screenshot again.



Right after I got down from stage, May and I were absolutely relieved and quickly got back to our mummies. We said tata to each other and to YL who was still busy running around.

YL said she's got an even bigger event at the end of the year. She has ideas of putting a musical on stage. A musical-loving person like me has always wanted to be part of one - even if I were to stand there as a tree. But after this 1 time performance, I'm not so sure if I'm cut out for that now.

I'll make do with any backstage work though? Heehee!

10 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger F¡яєвџяN said...

u van sing? my band looking for vox..

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Yep! I can sing! Karaoke style singing! HAHAHAHA!
I'm a lousy singer.
What kind of music does your band play?

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah... a band's invitation! den u all shld join us as a permanent performer!

anyway, just for all to know... i juz get back fr e weekly meeting with my vice president... she specify nili's performance as one of e better one... in fact, she said nili sang well... so fireburn... tt's my hint to u!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

oei. sing well COMPARED to some others ya? really lahz. mine is karaoke singing sia. cannot make it. but if need help, call on me bah. i see wat I can do. my mummy also very willing to help one.

the band that did "This Love", "Be Like That", and their own song "Stars" was very good. I particularly liked that band. And the dances were very very well done too. That one attracted the biggest crowd.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

waaah.. thanx sugarbf. :O)

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger -Jeanie. said...

wee. so cool! dare to go on stage to sing!!! 3 cheers for u!!!*wink*

hehe. that litle boy boy is so cute!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

thankies thankieS!!!~

that little boy boy even cuter in person. haha!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger blueapple said...

wow.. i would like to hear u sing! ;]

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

*hands out earplugs*
:O)

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

Sure or not? Need to put earplugs to hear u sing?

Cant be leh.. since u can go on stage to sing.. keke~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home