Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Saturday, September 17, 2005

On my own.. sort of

It was Friday. I stared at it sitting on my desk. A quick peek at the clock showed it flashed 12:00. I stayed still and listened. No footsteps, no photocopying sounds, no typing.

I thought it was safe. I decided to go for it.

My hand reached out...

... and I grabbed the muesli bar.

I told myself this would be my lunch for today.

Just as I was into my last bite, a shadow appeared in front of me. It was one of the engineers who was attached to my office.

"Wanna go eat lunch together?"

My plan failed. MISERABLY. Anyhow, the bar wasn't filling enough, so what the hey, I decided to just go for lunch. It'd be a good time to mingle abit.

This is just another one of those major signs to say that eating less for lunch is just not what I'm destined to do. So to hell with that too. haha!

After work I trudged my way down to Orchard to make payment for the Bintan trip. Everything went well and it was time for the main part of what I had planned to do - SHOOOOOPPPPIIINNNGGGGGG!!!

Several failed attempts at shopping made me determined to go take a stroll around Far East Plaza, in hopes to at least see some potential buys.

It proved to be an evil place with loads of temptation. All the pretty things staring into my face, enticing me to buy... buy.... buy........

I told myself that I was broke now, and should refrain from these material wants. But alas, I gave in, and spreeeeed. Thankfully after much calculation, it all only amounted to $77. A yellow top for $19.90, 2 bras for $15, eyebrow trimming for $12 and a pair of heels fo $29.80. HA! [But really, what I was looking for was a white top - 'cos mine's worn out and starting to tear; and a pair of flats.]

Then I realised I hadn't had dinner. OOPS.

And I didn't even finish shopping the entire Far East Plaza.. just 2 floors.

Lugging my stuff around, I decided to take a cab home. I took the underpass to Orchard MRT, and thought to myself that Wisma has a taxi stand. I landed up window shopping for at least another half hour before I made my way up to the taxi stand. Oops. Eh. At least I didn't make my way over to Taka ok?!

Don't let me loose at Orchard. With or without $$$, I'll still shop. hahaha!

I did see a white top at long last - but it bloody cost $39.90. Ridiculous. So damn difficult to find a white sleeveless top versatile enough for office and going out. Can't even find a proper one on Yahoo! Auctions. Kaoz.

I've been shopping around alone so much. A little too much maybe. Gotta stop getting so used to it. In fact, better stop shopping at least till my salary is in!!!

Oh. I think I saw Sylvester Sim at Topshop. Brushed past him then it struck me who he was. Ah well. Never was a fan of his. THAT CHEATER BUG.

So I finally made my way up to the taxi stand and witnessed a long queue. Decided to walk out to the junction to flag one, but seeing the traffic and number of taxis "HIRED", I figured I should just cross the road and take a bus.

Sure enough, once I got there, my bus came.

HENG AH!!!

------

Showed off my new stuff to my mummy, who had earlier went on a spree at Watsons and spent the same amount I spent at Far East. I spend on 2 floors, she spend on ONE shop ok?! Hahahaha!

She going Malacca with my daddy over the weekend. My dad's company organised this 2D1N trip. So good.... I really hope I can organise something like that for my company.

Anyone who got lobang for travel agencies in organising such trips (3D2N or 2D1N) please please please let me know!!! Thanks!!!

That leaves me and the dieting pig at home. She usually isn't at home, so it could just land up as me home alone. Apparently she's got some assignment due, so this means she'll be sticking around.

------

TOnight going to bring kiki play lantern!!! Before that got to attend Dearie's Grandma's birthday. bzbz...

I may like to cook for Dearie tomorrow...... please take note that I have NEVER cooked before (instant noodles not counted). I've helped around in the kitchen now and then, but never had the guts to cook. If I do get around doing to, rest assured I'll blog about it - provided I don't blow up the kitchen with myself inside.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger socute333 said...

wah i love top shop clothes... london street wear very cool... bought a beautiful long black dress at top shop like 3 years ago and its still beautiful when i wear it out for dinner... oh you know on your birthday, top shop gives you 50% off on anything you buy

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

ah. but horz, i can't fit into anything from topshop. everything too big. blech.
i fit into clothes from Chaos just nicely. Too bad they're pricey. heehee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home