Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Looong weekend

Not very often that one is in Orchard 3 times a day.

I am usually the one that gets irritated when things do not go according to plan. But yesterday was a nice exception because although the luxury of time was not entirely mine, it was a day that I allowed to let plans NOT get in the way of having a good day.

Let's start my weekend from Thursday....................
I went to Harry's across the street to hang out with my sister and her new colleagues. Went on to some restaurant cum pub at Singapore Land Authority (which I didn't even know existed) with the usual gang, then wanted to move on to Boat Quay, but since Wilson was driving again that night - we headed to St James. Again.

A bit strange to see our Bellini fellows performing in Boiler room. Like the guy said - it was a Boilini night. HAHAHA! We still had a great time. The 5 of us as usual.

Friday was a little bit better since for a change, we didn't go out. Simply stayed in and watched tv. It was nice to catch "A Bug's Life" again. I lurrrrve those animation.

There was a birthday party to attend on Saturday night. Oddly enough, it was at the same Harry's. I made us late because class only ended at 6, but it was nice that it didn't matter that night. I didn't really know anyone there but it was interesting being part of the minority again. Sometimes I feel like a representative of the Singaporean population. Strange huh?

I wasn't feeling too well in the start of the night so I kept quite to myself, but as the night went by, and drinks went down, I opened up a little bit more. I think I still have a lot to learn when it comes to trying to mingle with people who are much more successful, much older, and of a totally different nationality/culture/background. I simply have no idea what to start talking to them about. I mean, I could easily converse with them if they were responsive but some of them are not that type so I find it quite hard to carry a longer conversation. Don't mistake me for meaning they are not nice, because they all are. I just hope that they'll do more of the question-asking or topic-starting than me.
What to do.... I'm not so deep - only know about some entertainment news, what's showing in cinemas and what events are happening in Singapore.

Unfortunately I could not sleep in on Sunday. The performance for the wedding required a lot of rehearsals since we barely had any. Surprisingly, we rehearsed in the hotel room with no complaints from the fellow guests! Amazing!!! It was a spacious and well done-up room. 5-star mah. How bad can it be???

It was beautiful... having us play for her march-in. We stood on each side of the aisle while the bride and groom walked in. We also played a little bit on stage. The ang moh's were very appreciative as compared to the chinese - but nothing new there. We flautists had a great time. Too bad one of us had to go home (work lah) so I was the only girl staying back.. crashing with 4 guys.

Went for dim-sum breakfast in the morning and checked out at 1pm. I wanted to go for my facial session but I was too late, so it was pushed to 4pm instead. I made my way home to grab the mooncakes I bought and brought them to my old office to see my ex-colleagues. Nothing's changed that much as usual, but it really felt good to go back and see my good ol' friends again.

It was heartening to see they still ate as much as before. The Champagne Truffle mooncakes were gobbled up so quickly. hahaha! If only I could talk to my ex-boss a bit more. He was busy, and so was I - since I had to rush to my facial appointment. I hadn't been one in months so it was important that I made it.

I finally did, and had a nice nap during that time. I took bus no. 7 home from Orchard and thought mummy cooked dinner. She was ill and didn't prepare anything. Mummy's health isn't so good lately again. I think it's the weather and an increasing number of viruses going around. Sigh. I really should start helping out by at least doing my own laundry.

Back to my last Orchard trip - dinner. Obviously I called my bf to see if he was free. He was! And we even caught a movie after! Clone Wars. Not as bad as it was made out to be. I thought the fight sequences were good - unfortunately the storyline wasn't as strong as what you thought a Star Wars movie could give. Still, good shot at animation for Star Wars I guess. Wall-E was still waaaay more entertaining though.

I didn't like the taxi driver that took us home after. He could have turned to the AYE a lot earlier but somehow went a long way to reach the ECP. Luckily I told him off and he let us pay him lesser. I bet it was because he saw that my bf was not local. So irritating when these taxi drivers ALWAYS have to ask which particular route I want to take. And sometimes they just want to take a longer route and I have to tell them to take a shorter way. Stop cheating my money you idiots. It's your job to know Singapore's roads. Don't complain you don't have enough money when you choose to be so dumb and wait for calls when you could spend the time picking up passengers. And it should be regardless of where I want to go!!! Plus, why are we still paying for the 30cent surcharge when prices have come down already!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ok. At least I got that off my chest. If I find the time tonight, you'll see me write a similar letter to the newspapers.

So that marks the end of my little adventurous day off. Running to and fro can be a little bit tiring but some alone time is good, even when it was on the bus most of the time.

Photos from Sunday are up on my facebook already, thanks to Geoff who posted them up so quickly.

I've yet to figure out what is the next piece I would like to do up. There're just tooooo many to choose from. Plus I would really like to try to play some nice pieces on the piano - from memory. No scores in front of me. Just sit and play. That'd be so cool. Always wanted to do that for years.... yet I haven't been able to. So sad.

I know I need more sleep again. I don't really understand why sometimes. Is my body so unrested? I am just raring to do so much! I think my mind's doing really well. It's my body that doesn't want to listen sometimes. I really think I sleep enough. If I sleep more, I think I will only become lethargic and lazy.

Next performance is for SIM. Sort of like my alma mater. We're getting barely paid for this one so ... it's more for the exposure I guess. I hope more people would employ our "services". heehee! Gotta start some advertising for ourselves. Start a website or something. Wahahaha!

Anyone out there interested in a flute quartet for your event? We can play a wide range of music and have a healthy collection of pieces to choose from. CALL ME!!! Hahaha!

No more Orchard Road for me this week (except for class on Saturday). Speaking of this weekend, I need to go support the company's dragon boat team. Bedok Reservoir. I hope I manage to go and support them. Remember? I mentioned that I needed sleep? Heeheehee...

No lah. See how. I have to do my homework for my Deutschkurs. laaalaaalaaaaaaa...........

So much to do, so little time.....

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

Yah la! thos irritating taxi drivers. Always ask this n that in the end the route they use always jam!!

Hope ur mum's fine by now.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home