Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Still feels like the weekend

As usual, the weekend was a packed event. But it's Wednesday already.. should I still be blogging about it? Hmm.. for my faithful readers like Bladey, YL, Jass and ZH...

Friday
I left the office when it was still bright and sunny. A very well dressed Mr German Colleague "picked" me up from my desk (which is pretty much simply 1 floor down from his seat lah). He looked great. Perfect for going to the Esplanade hall to catch the Philharmonic Winds in concert.

How often do you find a friend who can go with you to a classical concert, a rock concert, clubbing, lounging by the beach, or simply long walks?

This is a rarity, and that's why I find it utterly amazing.

Anyway it was a great night. We tried to go to Balaclava for a few drinks after but it was practically overflowing with people so we went across the road to another place for wine. And he taught me German! I can count from 1 - 10 in German now!!! Hooray!!! It probably bored him to tears in his brain, but it was damn fun for me lor!

Saturday
My ex-boss wanted me to help him with something so he picked me up in the morning. We landed up talking more than actually working. But it was nice to catch up with him.

I went home, caught a nap, then had to rush to flute practice. Performance days are coming up very soon. Next weekend to be exact. Nervous........

I went home after that to take a quick bath. Met up with Jass and Andy for a little bit of singing, then rushed off to meet Mr Biker Friend. Poor fella dunno wait for me for how long. Oops. Heehee! He fetched me to go meet up with the rest of the young bikers and it was nice to see the girls again. Obviously Mr Biker Friend must have been bored lah. I mean, he's waaaay much older than the rest ok? If I feel old, how does HE feel I wonder. Haha!

Huge jam at Telok Blangah road that night, thanks to ZoukOut. Heard from Mr German Colleague that he had a blast. And from the newspapers, I figured the same thing too.

Well later that night we went to the ever popular Yishun Dam. I saw a row of big bikes there but there always were rows of them anyway so I didn't think too much of it. Mr Biker Friend and I split from my young friends there. He supposedly had to go settle something, but I guess later on it was ok so we went bowling.

It's been years since I last tried to bowl. First 2 games I still kept my score above 90. By the last game my arm was aching and I only scraped 70+. Horrible.

Sunday
It was a lazy day but I managed to find something to do. There was a gathering at one of Mr German Colleague's friend's place (which is also a colleague lah). We went there for a swim, and because of the weather, a BBQ was not possible so some food was cooked instead. It was a wacky time. But it was so so so fun! The photos were hilarious!

Since I was on leave on Monday, I didn't want to waste the Sunday night. Mr German Colleague accompanied me to Boat Quay for a quick drink before heading home. Ah... Sometimes I think I talk too much that's why I'm always in need of company.

Monday
I spent the entire day alone. Went for a facial and shopped the rest of the day away. I bought loads of presents - and have yet to decide who to give them too.

Later that night a friend of mine told me that my ex saw me on Saturday night. Which was why he didn't want to go over and say hi to the whole gang.

You know what one of my young friends told me that Saturday night? That he told them he broke up with me because he didn't want to burden me with his loans, and that he doubted he'd ever clear them in 5 years, which was why he said he didn't think he could settle down with me.

It's like those movies/TV dramas.. where a guy breaks up with the girl when he finds out he has some kind of terminal illness hor? So sad sia. But yes, this is reality. I am still clinging on to the line when he said to me that his feelings for me are not as before. I think it is a lot easier for me to deal with this than the former.

It didn't really strike me as anything much till Monday night really. When that pang of affection craving hit. I hate it when it does. Whether I'm attached or not it still sux. But hey, I'm a girl, and it's bound to happen every once in a while.

Tuesday
What an extended weekend huh? I went out on Tuesday night to meet someone new - Mr Biker Friend No. 2! ZH! You are finally mentioned on my bloggie!!! Haha!!!

I met him after work. This guy who is 3 yrs younger than me has been one of the few I've actually bothered to chat with on MSN. First time meeting and it was really pleasant. We had dinner and spent the rest of the evening talking - though I did let my eyes wander around the wonderful range of displays.

He was a great listener.. something I needed that night.. And I went on and on and on. Oops. He was kind enough to listen, and to send me back after that too. :O)

Wednesday
This is today. We had 2 plans: If it didn't rain, we'd jog. If it rained, we'd catch Lust Caution.

It didn't rain.

So my colleagues and I jogged.

For the first time in 10 years did I ever jog so much. Wait. No. I don't think I've EVER jogged so much in my life. Hahaha!

We moved off in pairs. Me and my pretty colleague jogged together from the Esplanade all the way to Beach Road, before turning into the park along the river. We were jogging rather slowly compared to the 2 guys ahead of us, but silly us. We jogged right to the end (Marina Square) - and hit the dead end.

That meant we had to jog backwards almost to back where we managed to turn in (close to Beach Road), and then back again where we came from.

I don't know how many kilmeters we covered with the non-stop jog, but I reckon 5km minimum ought to cover it. It wasn't so much the panting that killed me - my leg muscles were the one giving way.

We jogged continuously for 45 min I think. Or maybe an hour. I never thought I'd be able to make it - but all thanks to my pretty colleague who pushed me on. Who made sure I did not stop.

My legs are starting to hurt, but it will be nothing compared to what I'll suffer the next 2 days.

Tomorrow
Going grocery shopping with colleagues to prepare for the Bintan trip on Friday. It's going to be really fun and exciting. We all can't wait for the shopping and the actual trip!

I'm taking an additional day off on Monday to recuperate from the trip. Lucky me! THat's because I'll be going for flute practice on Sunday afternoon when I'm back from Bintan. See? I'm making an effort ok?!

My family is bringing Kiki to Desaru during this same weekend. They'll be back on Monday.

I don't think I've ever had a boring weekend haven't I?

Well it's not gonna start now.

I'm still craving for a lot of attention and company, but I do think I'm doing very well up till now.

Still hoping to meet new people and all that.

Friends-I-already-know! If you go out in a small group and don't mind me as a little extra piece, ask me along ok?

People-I-have-not-met-yet! Leave me a message and let's see what our acquaintance can develop into!


Ok ok. So I may not always be available these days, but hey! I will try damn hard to be ok? How else do you think I run around meeting 1 group to the next in a weekend? Sometimes even in a day?

Just try to book me early lah. As long as the slot is empty, rest assured I'll say yes. :O)

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nili,

You have forgotten to mention ME! I am also your loyal reader okie!-Lichen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home