Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, December 02, 2007

It's good to be me

I think I'm just too lazy to post photos up. Maybe I will if there are requests or when I'm free, but just not at the moment.

After all, I only got home at 7am this morning. Oopsie.

It has been quite a rollercoaster ride this week. But which week hasn't huh? But I think especially so this week.

Thursday
D&D Night! This was the night me and my fellow colleagues have worked hard for! My first D&D!

Like the band concert, preparations for the night started in the day. We had to arrange the logistics, dry-runs, blah blah. It was a hectic night overseeing the proceedings of everything from reception to stage, but it was extremely fun.

Actually I don't know why I was the one doing the overseeing. Hmm.. but whatever. It's already over. No point going through all that nitty gritty stuff again.

I won myself a portable DVD player that night. How wonderful. Yippee!!! My boss struck a $200 voucher and gave it to me! But I'll use that money for grocery shopping before the trip.

What trip I hear you ask? BINTAN!!! I'm going to Bintan with my colleagues from 14-16 Dec. We've got ourselves a chalet there. No private pool though, cos it was not available. Nevertheless, A GETAWAY! YAY!

Ok, back to the D&D night.
I only managed to finally get a drink after the whole event was over. There was some dancing that probably blew any squeaky clean reputation I had out of the window.

And that was without any alcohol in me yet.

When I did get myself a drink, I went around checking that everyone was having a good time. I just clanked my glass against anyone I knew was from my company. You know. The usual "try-to-be-a-good-host" kinda thing.

Made me pretttttty high after a few glasses. I don't know how many I drank. But hey, It was a fantastic night. I partied till 2am with another girl from the committe who worked her ass off for this.

She was so high too. Damn. I'm bad influence. Yikes.

Friday
I managed to make my way to the office somehow. We all did. The day went by quickly with some tying up of other stuff from the D&D, and my real job duties.

That night, we were to go to the Rec Club D&D! Haha! So tired and lack of sleep but we still went for Round 2 anyway. The best part was that after the D&D we went for KTV!!!!!! Oh my goodness. Can you imagine how crazy we are? haha!

The most interesting part was Mr German Colleague joined us! WAHAHAHA! He didn't have a clue what we were singing most of the time, but there were plenty of videos he took I think - and unfortunately he has put them up on youtube. OH Nooooooo..

Saturday
I climbed out of bed only because Kiki made me. I was exhausted, but I was also late. Late for a wedding lunch at Four Seasons Hotel.

I just put on any dress I could find, and popped into a cab. I was just in time to see the solemnisation. Lucky me.

What surprised me that afternoon was the fact that my ex was there. I really did not expect it, considering how broke he always was and how busy too. But he was. I didn't talk to him, but I did say goodbye before I left.

But he ignored me!!! Argh.
Haha! He did sms me later when I was waiting for a cab though. Apparently he had just woken up from having had 2 glasses of wine, and didn't know I was saying bye at all. Whatever. Good to know we're still on talking terms.

I was too much in a hurry to flute practice anyway. And flute practice was another 3 hrs. Ahhhh.. very very exhausting. Still, I think I've improved my playing!!!

In case you didn't know, this is the next event I'm involved in:

I'm too damned busy huh?

I got home, tired and hungry. I ate the porridge my mummy cooked, and promptly crawled into bed. Only to wake up at 10pm and get ready for more drinking.
One of my colleagues is going back to India on Wednesday. It's one of the best friends of Mr German Colleague. This Indian colleague was the same one who I went with for the Linkin Park concert too. Very funny guy.

I've always been used to being quite the odd one out when going clubbing - but this was different. There were 4 Indians, 1 Filipino, 1 German. I was the only Chinese! WAHAHAHA!

Either my threshold for alcohol has improved over the past few nights of partying, or the alcohol content in my vodka orange was rather low. I'd think the latter.

Everyone went back by 3am, leaving me and Mr German Colleague left. We had a nice stroll along Vivocity where I told him more about the culture and people in Singapore. Very interesting stuff to him I think. I hope. Haha! He didn't fall asleep when I talked so I guess it wasn't that boring.

And of course he shared some things about Germany and all the countries he's been to.

By the time we walked back to St James to catch a cab, the club had closed and there were too many people waiting for taxis. There were also too many taxis changing shift.

We just stood there talking some more and by the time we did manage to get a cab the sun had risen. I got home at 7am. And there explains the start of my post.

I am a little drained today. But am feeling rather good about myself.

I managed to pull through the D&D with rather good feedback.
I managed to let my hair loose on Thurs and Fri nights.
I managed to be strong when I saw him at the wedding.
I managed to improve in my flute playing.

Everyday's another day to learn something about myself. The limits I can push myself to.

Another work week coming up. I need to clear my leave. Haven't found a day to do so. My boss will finally have me back full time. I hope I didn't screw anything up within this time that I've been too busy with the D&D.

It's been a long time since I've stayed home all day. Today is that day. I've got a good life. Would be even better if there was someone to love me, but hey, I still won't deny it's good to be me.

PS: Here's my facebook profile for anyone who is interested. I love Scrabulous!

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

I wanna go Bintan again too. Sobz..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home