Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, July 16, 2007

My "weekend" from Thursday

Living life to the fullest. I think I’m almost doing that.. by cramming as many things as I can into one day. Each day.

I shan’t go into work (as usual). It’s tiring because I’m trying to clear everything before I leave. I don’t want to leave my boss with a mountain of crap after all the protection he has showered over me.

So, it all starts on Thursday…..

Thursday
My colleague treated me to a K-lunch which I enjoyed as usual. It was destressing but no less tiring. After work, I left for my secondary school (currently housed at Commonwealth while the original premises are being renovated).

The meeting was to start at 7pm. I reached early to chat up with the caretaker of the school. The old auntie. Vital connection ok? Had 1 miserable curry puff as dinner.

The meeting was to touch on some band issues. Frankly, the President and I weren’t very hopeful. We went there trying to play PR again. We knew we couldn’t offend the school teachers, so as much as we tried to make our stand and our point, it didn’t sound nearly as convincing if we could have been a bit fiercer.

Nevertheless, surprisingly, the school Alumni (yes, there is a real committee for the alumni – a registered body) managed to fight for 2 of us girls. It was very eye-opening to see the battle. The president of the alumni (and the rest) presented the same points we made previously but much more forcefully. Maybe because they’re older, and probably closer to the teachers’ ages they could talk to them like during a business negotiation. We on the other hand still treated them as teachers. Our ex-teachers. Next time I must learn to bring a different persona there.

Although nothing much was concluded for the band (meaning we still can’t use the school for practice due to their many many many excuses), we did at least push forward that tiny step, and that was enough to make the meeting a little more uplifting.

It was 8:30pm by the time it ended. I quickly hitched a cab to Prinsep Street. From my previous post you’d realise it was to rehearse for the performance. The shop was very cosy. I never really knew such a shop existed. Very interesting.

Anyway, we played till 10pm before we all were exhausted and needed to leave. Took a long bus ride home. I was famished. And extremely tired. I somehow managed to make myself cook a packet of instant noodles, but right after eating, I promptly plonked onto my bed and drifted into lala land.

This was the first time I came home un-sick on a workday and slept the whole night through without bathiing nor changing. I was THAT tired.

Friday
I was still grumpy so I was thankful mummy didn’t make any noise about my sleeping without changing. Work was busy like I said but nothing compared to what I’ll suffer at Deutsche.

After work, I made a trip to Orchard to meet my ex-attachment students. To think that time flies this quickly. They were the first batch of students when I came into my present company. This means I’ve known them for 5 years already. Wow.

We spent the entire night eating and talking at Fish & Co. at Centrepoint. We made a move at 10pm, with me leaving for Tiong Bahru to look for the biker bunch.

I was a little shocked to see that girl (the one that got cheated) and the guy in the group still sitting close to each other. Hope the girl smartens up, or has some sort of plot in the back of her head.

We caught Die Hard 4.0 at Marina Square after. Very sleepily sat through the whole movie. Unfortunately it wasn’t that good. I would’ve really preferred to catch Harry Potter instead. Damn.

I think I reached home at 4am? Wait till you hear about Saturday.

Saturday
I managed to roll out of bed at 8am. I tried my best to get my ass to Republic Centre at Raffles Place quickly but it was taking a lot more effort than usual. There was a lot of waiting to be done at the clinic for my pre-employment check-up, but thank goodness I expected it and brought the Harry Potter book along to read. The whole thing ended by 11am.

I made my way back to Clementi to have my passport sized photo taken. Also to be submitted to Deutsche. Unfortunately because I’m ugly, I had to take the one with touch-ups to be done – that meant collection could only be done in 3 days time. Not instantly.

I trudged back home, hoping to catch a short wink. It was scorchingly hot to be outside. I went back to find a naughty Ki in a very messed up house. Needless to say I landed up spending time with him and took a bath to freshen up. There went my nap.

I met Dearie’s mum at 2pm at Paya Lebar. It’s nice when everyone’s on time. No need to wait here and there. I was to go to the temple and offer my respects to the temple for helping me get the job. Ok, I may not be a true blue believer or follower but there are some things that if the elders tell me need to be done, and they are not harmful or dangerous, I will do it.

The whole thing didn’t take very long. The part that was difficult was waiting for the bus to go back to the MRT station. It took about half an hour I think. And that’s just waiting time for the bus.

I had to take the train to Queensway to meet Dearie. This meant that I had been lugging my helmet around all this while. Mind you, MRTs are just as packed on weekends. And my helmet is NOT light – one of the reasons I need to get a new one.

Although I took such a long time to reach, Dearie was STILL late. Glad to have brought Harry Potter out again, I got a drink at the coffeeshop and read as if I was in Starbucks or something.

We went to Queensway but were considered early. That was good in a way. Gave us time to eat. Everyone got there at about 5pm I think. I don’t remember. Shopped and shopped and shopped. I got a Deuter bag!!! Just nice for the Genting trip before my new job! $48! Orange!

Saying bye to the biking gang, Dearie and another friend Eddy were due to go to Malaysia for petrol, and food at the same time. We went back to get my passport. Coincidentally Ki came back at this time too. Bought me some time to repack my bag and dress a little more appropriately for the long ride. He likes Dearie lah.

Ki made it hard for me to leave, pretending that he was a magnet attracted and stuck to me. He’s so unbelievably cute I tell you. Still, we had to go and he ran along to find someone else to disturb.

On the way to Tuas, we stopped to change currency, then it was all the way to the petrol kiosk. If I can help it I’ll make sure I always use a full face helmet when going at those speeds. A lot more comfortable, and easier on the neck.

We reached the foodie place last as everyone was already there. A LOT of people. I only recognised a few faces. The food was good anyway. That’s the whole point. Mmm… yummy.

By the time we got back to Singapore and I got home, it was midnight. I opened the door surprised my mum reading the papers. Apparently Ki had only just fallen asleep. Poor mummy.

Dearie and Eddy were going to look for the biking gang again. I would have liked to but I didn’t want to sound any more horrible than I already do on the flute during the performance. All I had to do was lie down and lala land was there waiting for me.

Sunday
We were supposed to be at Selegie at 11am but we all turned up a little late. We practiced for a while but the hot weather just made us want to go back in the air conditioned shop.

Lucky for us, a reknown palm reader was inside and was doing teaser readings – meaning short and brief readings of the palm for free. Anything more, you’d have to pay for a full session.

It was very interesting for him to tell each of us our characteristics and what to look out for. For me? He said I had a very lucky career path, and I was blessed with luck and money. Woohoo! I’m pretty certain about the career portion, but money? Errrr… A hint to buy more toto and 4D?

Oh, and he said my biggest challenge in life is LOVE. It could make or break me. And that I should marry an exotic man, or someone a lot older, or someone very different. I’d think Dearie’s different enough? Hahaha! This kind of thing I take with a pinch of salt. I’ll do my best to take care of anything negative – like how he said I am more prone to lung related illnesses or depression. I personally think that depression is more likely.

He said that I’m more feminine, and that my colour is pink, or other pale colours. This colour is what I’m encouraged to wear if I want to attract the right people’s attention. Haha! How interesting. Anyway, it was really fun. Others had very interesting revelations too. Anyone interested? The guy was Master Khor. Can do a search I guess.

Had a nice lunch at the food court across the road, then walked back for our performance. Dearie was actually on time! He’d just missed my parents and Ki though. They just came to say hello.

We were melting in the heat, but we played to our best abilities. The moment we were done, we headed back in for the aircon. Dearie remained outside the whole time. I don’t know how he could stand it.

I left promptly after packing up. Patrick and Eddy were waiting somewhere outside. We rode off to Beach Road to look at the guy’s bags, then moved off to East Coast Park.

We were supposed to do some cycling but since one of them was really late and all of us were so tired, we settled for arcade then food. Some guy we observed must have spent more than $200 on the sweet catching machine in the hopes of pushing a weight down for a toy Tigger. Amazing.

The food at Bedok 85 was quite all right though East Coast could’ve been better. Well, now we know. Had a nice time revelating to each other about our past. Being true to themselves, Dearie and Eddy kept quiet and evasive throughout this portion of the night. I spoke of my ex, but I don’t know if it could have made him uncomfortable or not. I don’t think so, could it??? I mean, I spoke of how miserable I was.. I knew him at that time already, and it’s common knowledge really.

Wonder why guys always like to be secretive, but heck, maybe that’s why we girls fall for them anyway. The man-woman debate continues.

We all learnt a little more about each other during dinner. No matter how little. It was interesting.

Going to Genting with all of them on Friday night. My R&R before going into the new job. JACPOT MACHINES! HERE I COME! Haha! Hope the palm reader’s right…………….. wahahahaha!

2 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Wow ! You're Going To Genting With Them Also. So The Enjoy Huh.

You Went To New Sea Mountain Also Ah ? Actually Eddy Asked Me Wanna Go Or Not But A No Bike Person Go Very Xia Suay One. Wuhahaha

Quite A Eventful Week You Had Huh. Me Also Had Quite A Good Chalet

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

eh. half the pple at the table are pillion lor. dun say xia suay lehz. in fact all the riders got pillion except eddy and my friend. when got another person come, either one of them will be left as the only one without pillion liaoz. haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home