Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, April 17, 2006

One of the worst traffic jams

Unfortunately I didn't have my digital camera with me, otherwise I would have taken photos of the entire situation.

I left home at 6:40pm for class at SIM. I made my way down to cross the small road of Clementi Ave 5. It was unusually conjested. I just thought to myself that it was the heavy rain that just ended that made it such.

I crossed over to the bus stop. Any bus from there would take me to school. It was even more conjested along that main road. Thankfully for me, the buses just came.

As I hopped onto one, I realised that the bus was inching its way through traffic. I managed to get a seat so I just took that time to zone out in my mind.

Just then, I felt the bus make a right turn. It was supposed to go straight! I looked out the window and saw a policeman waving traffic away from where I was supposed to be going.

The bus stopped at the nearest bus stop. Mr Bus Driver shouted: Going to SIM get down here!

There goes my bus fare for that ride. Bloody waste. I was no where closer to my destination than when I boarded the bus.

So there was this whole lot of people alighting from different buses groaning and walking in the direction towards school. I even saw a car turning out from Sunset way carpark wondering what the hell was going on. Haha!

As everyone thronged down the pedestrian path, there were complaints about how tiring it was. Trust me. After a long day at work, having to walk quickly (because class is not going to wait for you to start) can be something worth grumbling about.

More than 1 bus stop away, a red civil defence vehicle had its siren on and zoomed past. I had no idea how that vehicle managed to get through the horrible traffic. Mind you the road was SUPER conjested. I am still wondering how the hell it managed to get to the scene.

Anyway, by the time I reached the 2nd bus stop, I was lucky that traffic was allowed to come through my side of the road. Even luckier, a bus came along. Everyone was so thankful and hopped on very quickly. Probably because the bus stop after the next would be the longest stretch. If you're familiar with the roads, you'd know that the bus stop before Maju camp is one long way.

As the bus made its way to SIM, I saw the cause of the mayhem. One freaking large tree had fallen across the road blocking 3 lanes of the opposite side and partially the side I was on. The police had probably cleared the side I was on partially to allow some traffic through.

I didn't see any vehicle being crushed. Don't think there was.

Can you imagine what it must have been like for those who had to come for class at 7pm? Eeks. They can't abandon the vehicles like us public transport users can. Probably one of the few times public transport is better. Woohoo.

Very poor thing for those who tried to come to class but only made it at 9:20pm. My friend in another class said he also had people coming in at that time.

And class ends at 10pm ok? Respect sia. Dedicated students.

For more info on the big-tree-traffic jam, here's another blog write-up at Tinker Tailor.

---

PS: Dumb spiders are back at the overhead bridge at SIM. One of them has a web 3/4 my height. My friend can vouch for me ok? It is THAT huge.

Oh. And my most confident subject - Marketing. Prelims came back. I scored a whopping 25/100. HOW THE HELL DID I GET ONLY 25?!?!?! I don't believe it! I thought I wrote pretty all right! ARGH...

I am sooooooo going to repeat a year.

7 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Nobody said...

guess its the tree havoc....

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

heng ah i missed the traffic..i live along the route to SIM, but didn't know it's that bad.. kekeke

u taking UOL degree is it? hmm

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Ghost: yup yup. really havoc sia.

Spinnee: you really heng sia. alot of people better off walking home. yup. taking UOL degree. Sucks to the core.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Hmm, i might be going to study at SIM too. Waiting for their reply. I miss studying.

Anyway good luck on your marketing paper. You might wanna ask for a remark of that paper if you find that you did better than 25/100?

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...my class only has less than 10 people at 730pm and some managed to make it in time for the tea break.
I saw the spider web which was huge but 3/4 of your height...man you are pretty short huh.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

sexual innuendo: unless you're going to be studying full-time, i don't think you'll be missing it much when it starts. haha!

anonymous: yeah. i'm pretty short at 1.55m. But it was seriously a huge one lorz. it was from the top of the overhead bridge all the way down to the plant. Diagonnally also k? If put it up right i dare not think how big. i shld take a photo tonight if it's still there.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

树倒猴子散。
When a tree falls, all the monkeys run away ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home