Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

More "firsts"

A week of "firsts". My life never ceases to be interesting.

I went to Carrefour with my parents on Wednesday night to get the VCD. First time we all went out at nearly 8pm and shopped till we got home at 10pm. Just for 1 dumb VCD. But obviously we bought more than that in the end.

Worst thing was that it turned out that the DVD wasn't as original as it claimed to be on the packaging. True, the actual singer was in the MTV, but it was just clips of the person singing in some concert. The rest of the MTV was made up of some cheapo acting. Other tracks may have looked a little better but I wasn't bothered about others.

The MTV wasn't what worried me. It was the music for the song when I turned off the singer's voice. My gosh. It was "home made" - not original. Pretty much like they did the thing on a computer. In fact, I think I know how they did it. Pretty impressive, but still, it sucked for me because at some points it sounded as if the disc skipped - or maybe it did - and from that moment on, I knew there was no chance of me getting to the top 3.

Knowing so, when I received an invitation to go to the Combat Engineer's D&D at Ministry of Sound on Thursday night, I thought why not? My GM and colleagues asked me along, so go lor. I knew that the participants in this year's karaoke competition are way too strong for me, plus the dumb DVD wasn't helping so, what the heck. Go play first then say.

First time I was at an army event like that. So many guys. Haha! I just hung around with my colleagues and watched the performances put up. It ended at 9:30pm, but we wandered around the place, chilled out at the Retro section, then went back at 11pm. Eh. Thursday ok? Friday still must work hor. First time go out with so many colleagues.

Well, work was all right on Friday. My colleague and I went down early for the rehearsal for the karaoke competition. I was very tired. To the extent that I actually dozed off a bit while waiting for everything to start.

I mingled around a bit. It's nice to meet people. Some say it's such a fake and surface thing exchanging hellos. I take my "hellos" seriously ok? I mean it hor. And I am sincere when I smile at these people ah. Fellow colleagues mah. Work with them yet hardly get to see each other 'cos company too big. It's good to put a face to the people we email and talk over the phone to.

It started at 6pm. By the time it was my turn to sing, it was past 7pm.

New dress! From Victorias Secret! Nice or not? nice or not? Had to alter because my shoulders too thin. Everything else fit perfectly. Comfortable dress. About $40. I just had to find an occasion to wear it. Weekends no chance unless Dearie don't ride so when better than this?

I screwed up my performance because I kept peeping at the screen to check my lyrics. Plus the DVD "skips" didn't help. Dear judges didn't give sympathy points to me for that. Blech.

Damn. Let my GM down. Let the division down. For me, I'm fine. Because consolation for everyone was $10 NTUC voucher. HAHA! So yep, at least got something for me. But division nothing.

These are almost all the contestants. 1st prize went to the guy who gets 1st almost every year (in black, between 2 gals, near the centre). People were saying why he's always joining, and why don't they ban him. I think it could be his own division making him join. No rule saying he should be banned. Too bad for us.

Honestly, he didn't sing as well. 2nd and 3rd prize guys (3rd and 4th guys from right) should have moved up a place each if you ask me. In fact, most people agreed. The judges.. hmm.. same judges year after year... hmm.. I leave it to you to go think ya?

It was the most powerful bunch of singers company wide ever. Maybe that's why I don't feel the loss very personally, because I knew I lost to people who were much better.

2nd place guy was someone I met when I joined for the 1st time. He didn't have a girl friend yet at that time. And now, he say he next year going to ROM. Wah biangz. And he gonna get his degree end of this year and leave the company. Haha!


Before I went off to see how the band was, my colleagues told me there was a "second round". They asked me to join them at Mount Faber Safra. I don't know what got into me. I was half-dear (see photo above) and in need of sleep, but there's something about going to KTV with a new bunch of people, at a new location that just got me to say OK.

I rushed off to band. Talked to the conductor. Talked to my very hardworking committee members, and then took a cab back to where I came from.

And so, it was the first time I went to Mount Faber Safra. Also the first time I went KTV-ing with colleagues.

I had a really fun time. Unfortunately, I had class at 10am the next day so bloody hell.... made them all have to go back as early as me at 1am.

---

I slept through most of class. It was THAT boring. Dearie dozed off too. Princicles of Accounts. Damn. I need to do some serious studying on my own. Sigh.

First time went for dinner outside with Dearie's parents and sister and her BF. All 6 of us went to Dearie's favourite place - Sin Hoi San. Had a good dinner. Something like Dearie's birthday dinner. 12th April coming soon. First time I don't have anything for him. Yet. Don't know what to get him....

NOT the first time, I had to turn down Ah Chang's invitation to KTV. Wah biangz. I don't know why always cannot go when he ask. Argh. I can't wait for my exams to be over.

---

Tomorrow also won't be the first time I sing on stage at the Community Centre. It's the semi-finals round tomorrow. I have a cough now. My voice is getting husky. I'm betting that singing Fish Leong's song tomorrow is not a good idea, but heck, beats singing something from that lousy DVD.

After a day of class, gotta go home check the VCD one last time before leaving the house.

See how it goes tomorrow. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Hahahaha. Nvm Lah. There's Still Alot Of Chances Going With Me.

I Know You're Dying To Listen To Me Singing " Yi Lu Xiang Bei ". WUHAHAHAHA. Just Joking.

Sore Voice Also Can Sing One. You Dun Sing The Key Until So High Lor. Try To Lower Abit And Sing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home