Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ice Age 2 was my escapism from reality

Ice Age 2 is pretty much like what the reviews in Life! and The New Paper wrote. I’m pretty much combining the reviews of both papers here because they really did catch the whole gist of the movie.

Nothing really refreshing, but it was still funny, cute and enjoyable. The happily-ever-after ending was predictable. It’s a cartoon after all. But I like cartoons. These animators are amazing. Whoever once said cartoons are only for kids to watch, definitely grew up too fast.

I like how they inserted the song “Food Glorious Food” from Oliver into the movie. Definitely well-suited for the scene. HAHAHA! Very funny one-liners here and there. To appreciate what the beetle said when he was rolling this big ball (with his family of beetles behind him), you must know that he is a dung-beetle (dung meaning shit, or crap). I guess that’s the only one you had to know the nature of the animal before getting the joke. Everything else… well, like other comedies there’re inferences here and there that are up to you to catch.

Lousily done review from me. So watch the movie! Hahaha!

Oh, and I watched it at Cathay. That newly opened place beside Plaza Singapura. No shops opened yet within that building. The cinema levels were rather crowded. Saw Quan Yifeng, her husband and their daughter. No one bothered. Isn’t it great to be a media personality in Singapore?

It was good to know that the seats were genuinely new. You could kind of still smell it. Each seat is very spacious – just like Cineleisure. The entire movie was digital. Good good! I am guessing this location will be more for the twenty-somethings than the pre-twenties at Cineleisure, who seem to have a good time making the ground floor a little too smoke-infested.

---

Last night I was having a minor breakdown. A little like depression. The stress got into me bad.

A friend who works in the same building as myself hadn’t seen me for a while but commented I looked run-down. But even my band friend said something along those lines. The stress and lack of rest is really showing huh?

As if that’s not enough, I understand that one of my committee members isn’t exactly the happiest with the way I’m handling things with regards to band. Honestly, I thought I was doing fine. I mean, apart from getting people to come down for practice, I really thought that although everything is going slowly, but at least there’s some progress bit by bit.

My studies definitely need more attention. I need to sit down and do a full paper of accounts. I haven’t done that before. In fact, I’ve never completed any question without having to refer to the suggested answers.

At work, there’s more and more that needs my working on. I don’t mind it, but I’m just not at a very good state of mind to handle them now. Need a day off to recuperate. Need a day off to de-stress.

Now I know what stress is. Too many decisions to make, people to look after, work to do. All these clashing together at the same moment. Each one important in its own way. Every decision made, word said, job done would implicate something in the future or the big picture.

I feel as if no one understands what I’m going through. But I sure as hell don’t wish it upon anyone to know because only one who has gone through it can. No one should have to go through this shit. Yet everyone has their set of problems which I myself can’t understand or empathise with, so who am I to ask for someone to understand my situation?

I just don’t believe it. If others can handle bigger stresses like children and major strategic decisions, all at the same time, why can’t I handle what I am going through right now?

What’s the worse that could happen?
I fail my exams and repeat another year.
I fail at managing the band and cause its downfall. (In case you’re wondering, this is always a possibility each year.)
I end up having people hate me for failing at managing the band.
I screw up at work and land up getting fired.

Is failure so scary?
It sure does look like it. Exams and work my heart can probably still take it. But if the band falls because of me, damn, I’ll probably hate myself forever.
I don’t do it for money you know? If anything I try to pay some expenses from my own pocket. What do you do in your life that demands this from you? Do share. It’d be nice to know what else is out there that is putting up a fight. (I would imagine most art groups?)

Not only do I now understand what is stress.

I understand what is survival. Having to go against the odds and press-on. Puck up the courage and do what needs to be done so we continue to exist.

I understand what is passion too. Fighting for what you believe in without need for reward. Willing to sacrifice to make it work. And that satisfaction you get, no money can buy.

Must. Persevere.

4 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Yes persevere on, girl. Winners are not those who never fail. They r those who never quit :)

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Yeah Man ! MUST TAHAN !
After You Settle Everything Liao. You Will Feel So Much Achievement In You.
But Until Then, Being Tough Is The Thing. YOU CAN DO IT !
Work Towards Your Dream Bah !
We Are Fighting Dreamers ! ! ! ! !

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

thank you.. all of you...

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

When the going gets tough, u gotta be strong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home