Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Good Friday Weekend

Ki got to come over earlier this week because of the holiday. It was a very good Friday for him.

My mummy says he's hyperactive.

I think so too.

At least he managed to sit down and draw a bit.

The day before my mummy bought this book from IMM. It has Pooh bear in the centre as a puppet. Ki likes to punch it.

Another time he managed to sit down for a while was when he was doing "work". Or "studying". This simply means highlighting random lines in any old book (usually some company's annual report or a magazine).

For some reason Ki loves it when my mum juggles balls. And all of us can only do it with 2. He likes it anyhow.

After Dearie's class, he came over to pick me up to his Aunt's place. The usual get together there. I had my dinner, while Dearie watched his cousins play WoW.

We left at 7pm. The roads were still wet, but it was definitely better. Didn't mean that it was any safer. We nearly landed up horizontal on the road because of some moronic asshole who for I don't know what reason had to squeeze us out of where we were. Bloody bastard.

It happened on Bukit Timah Road, near Sixth Avenue, in the direction towards Adam Road. It was probably around 7:20pm. It was a black Nissan Fairlady. Probably 7840Y. Can't be too sure of carplate.

DRIVERS READING THIS! Pesky bikes don't like being on the road! They try to get out of your way by getting ahead of you. This is no race! Having to be in the scorching sun or painful rain is not our idea of a fun time so pls ah, we may not ask you to give way.. the least you can help to do is not squeeze us out of where we are when we have no where else to squeeze to! Remember, if we land up horizontal on the road, YOU WILL PAY!

Ok. Back to my day. Dearie was on his way to Miramar hotel for his buffet dinner. Dearie sent me to Bugis for a little shopping trip on my own. It's much easier to shop on my own. I like it. Only thing was I forgot that this time I was shopping for shoes.

I suck at buying anything for my feet. Heels, pumps, wedges, espadrilles.... ANYTHING. I suck at it. I'm much better off shopping alone for clothes.

So walking around, I just tried as many pairs as caught my eye. I finally made my way home with a pair of very simple looking pumps. 'Cos it only cost $19.90. Haha! Cheap cheap.

I also noticed a paid from Americaya (almost where all my sandals are from) that was rather pretty but definitely extremely comfortable. Probably the most comfortable I've ever tried. It's a pair of wedges. Almost anything is more comfortable than heels.

I went home after lingering for a long while near the wedges. I kept considering if I should buy them because my sandals were still in wear-able condition. I went home without them, but bore in mind that Seiyu was selling it 10% cheaper than the Americaya store itself.

I got back close to 10:30pm. I saw that my bunny had wet its papers again. In my white pants and Victorias Secret silk top, I kicked off my heels, slipped into a pair of slippers and changed its papers immediately. I was trying my best to heed the vet's advice by keeping it as dry as possible.

I threw in some vegetables and it gobbled them down well. Relieved, I went back to my room and tried on my new pumps. Only to realise I should have gotten theem a size larger. I started to think if I should (i) go back to Bugis to change; (ii) give them to my sister; (iii) sell it online.

I told myself if I could change it on Saturday, then case closed. If not, being lazy, I'll just give it away.

---

So came Saturday. I had a full day of class. As luck would have it, once class ended, there was a heavy downpour. Blah.

I gave up the idea of going to Bugis all together. Managed to make my way home with minimal coughs and sneezes, and pretty dry considering the strong winds. I don't remember what I did the rest of the time I was home.

I probably moped around the house knowing I missed the last breath of my bunny. I already noticed it looking extremely tired when I left the house that morning. Sigh. My mummy said it passed away peacefully.

It wasn't long before the rain calmed down and my parents wanted to go out for an early dinner.

They knew about my pumps so they thought why not make a trip to Bugis. So it was shopping trip no. 2 for me. Yay! I managed to change the pumps, and my mummy bought the wedges I was eyeing on - and getting another (different) pair for herself!

All this time we walked around, my dad was parked at Kinokuniya. It's the only way mummy can shop properly. Heehee!

---

Sunday was a full day of class again. It sucked as usual. What's sickening is that there is this class of 100, but only 10 of us are speaking up. And I think we're probably the 10 who are not constantly flipping around our notes loudly to find the answer. Sure, I don't answer everything - that's because I don't have the answer.

I can't understand why those sitting in the class won't voice up. They're the ones with the answers in the notes in front of them. So what if you get shot down? I mean, it's not like you're getting graded if you say something wrong. And if you have so many notes in front of you with the pretty highlights, and you seem to be constantly staring into them, surely you have something more intelligent to say than me? It's not like I'm good in the subject either. I scored a wonderful 22.5/100 for my POA by the way. Probably a good gauge for how I fared for my HRM prelim.

Quite irritating when everyone's so quiet. If I didn't speak up - along with the other 9 or so who did - I think we'd still be stuck on 1 question for the entire day. My goodness.

Anyway, I got home and had a nice little nap. Missed the time with Ki at the beach because I was in class. Ah. Sucky class.

Had a good TV night as usual with Dearie. He's going to be revising a week of accounts this week to help me during the weekend. My prelim score of 22.5 probably shook him up. But then again, if he saw all my answers, he'd probably laugh and roll around the floor, and say I was lucky to even get so many marks.

My remaining bunny looks very lonely. The poor fella. Unlike the other one, this bunny doesn't like being petted. It likes food though, and competition. Now that its partner is gone.... Poor fella. I want to buy something for it to play with, but I don't even know what I could get.

---

This morning, after a nice long break from the office, I wanted to get in on time. I didn't feel like taking the train for some odd reason, and seeing such a wonderful morning, I thought why not hail a cab?

Landed up taking one only at 8:15am. What the hell? It took my half an hour to hail a cab off the road?!?!?! On a beautiful Monday morning?!?!?! Where the hell are all the cabs huh? I understand if there are almost none when it is raining, but hello? It was bright and sunny! So many cabs either occupied or on call. Plus a couple of people managed to pop out of nowhere to grab one in front of me.

I got to office unscathed. My colleagues don't make a big deal of me being late, but I still don't like it. To comfort myself I just convince myself that I am using it to make up for the times I stayed back in office later than I should.

It was a long weekend. Packed as usual. In 2 weeks I'll be taking the accounts exam. I am so prepared to flunk it. But I shan't go down without a fight! I am going to plan my annual leave and see how my duties will be covered while I'm away.

At least 12 full days going to be spent on exams alone. This had damn well be worth it.

2 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger Chang said...

Wah Lau ! Dun Use The Word Repeat To Scare Me Leh ! I Next Year Also Want Study SIM One Leh ! I Sec Sch Already Repeat Liao, I Want Repeat NO MORE ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! !

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Road rage. Good thing no one got hurt from this one. Our roads would be more pleasant to drive on if everyone can exercise a little more patience and tolerance. But seems like many if not most motorists like to act anal on the roads. Must be because we have no guns to shoot at one another ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home