Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Oooh.. Boss is back!

What a hectic Monday morning. Thankfully I've grown to become super awake in the morning once I step into the office. I'm suddenly alert and the leftovers of Friday's "data" is being loaded automatically into my brain.

Internal auditors came. No one to "take care" of them, so it's obviously my job to entertain them till my boss comes in.

By the time my dear boss comes in it's 9+. Poor dude is gonna be flying all over the world these few weeks.... He's always working whenever his mobile is on.

Anyway, I was glad to see him. Wonder why. It only means more work for me, but then again, I love my job. Haha! I'm an oddity.
He asked if I received his email, then suddenly I wasn't that smiley. Thankfully, he said it was about dinner tonight. *heng ah* So I scurried along to make the reservation at Long Beach Restaurant @ IMM for tonight for 10 persons. Yep! I was one of them. Heehee!

The rest of the day flew by. Work was piling up at a speed I could barely handle. Boss will be flying off tomorrow night again, so I would really need to catch up during then.

Dinner time came. I've grown to get used to these little meal gatherings my boss holds. Not as tense as I used to be, and not as quiet too. I don't understand the engineering stuff they talk about, but for everything else, I'm finally catching on.
I take this dinner as a "secretaries week" dinner too. But then again, I know they need me to take on another job after the meal - take minutes of their project meeting.

I've taken minutes of the management meetings, safety meetings, even the Board Of Directors' Meetings, but this coming one is going to be THE challenge - PROJECT MEETINGS. How am I ever going to understand all the terms engineers use? It could be just as bad, or even worse, than asking me to take minutes for a meeting involving Dearie and all his computer friends.

Like every other task I've been given, I'm sure I will be able to learn, albeit the many mistakes I will make. The team is great, so this would be a great experience again.

Back to dinner. Plenty of other issues my boss had to mediate at the dinner, but it went quite well. Food wise, I tried raw and cooked lobster - cooked is DEFINITELY better. Raw lobster is tasteless. Absolutely no other way to describe. It just has no taste. ZILCH.

Too bad it's a Monday else we would have gone KTV-ing! Ah well...

Tomorrow, need to figure out how to edit a DVD for work. And no, not doing it AT work. I have to go to dearie's house to do it - 'cos got DVD writer there. No idea if I could burn it (after editing) as a VCD in the office, and it'd be horrifying to take that chance.

--------------------------------------------------------

Checked my email and saw the Mr Alan John replied my email to him. How nice of him... Even asked if he could publish it... *awww* Some part of me hope he does, 'cos I'd really like to emphasise to motorists out there a motorcyclist's plight. Then again, I hope I didn't write anything to politically incorrect in there... hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home