Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, April 11, 2005

My "Happening weekend"

So I had 2 days of boring IBM lectures, 9-5pm each over the weekend. THankfully there're no classes for the coming weekdays ahead. My boss won't be in town either so I'm hoping to get some studying done then - somehow I land up deviating to doing "other stuff". hmm..

Last night's dinner was at a "new" location - Adam Road Hawker Centre (if I may call it that). Anyway, it had some really succulent crayfish, a pile of over-spicy (for me) kangkong, cockles which I didn't touch, stingray and not-so-properly-cooked rice. Value for money. I think it was $32 for 4 of us. Next time must ask for less chilli.

I suggested to take a photo of the food we were eating and send them to Edwin over at Australia (poor guy's homesick). And guess what? They did - wait, more like Weitang did. Heehee.. Damn i'm evil.

Tried this teh-cinno. Quite nice. heehee.. Oh, and tried a combination of starfruit and green apple which turned out to be sweet! (Heng ah... can't stand sour stuff.)

The table beside us consisted of 3 guys. They seemed to have just finished some sports and ended up there for dinner. They were talking for a long while (much like us actually) but I couldn't help overhearing their topic - gaming. I have nothing against gaming as a hobby, but I do think that if you are sitting at a hawker centre talking about gaming for 2-3 hours, you really need to start thinking if that's all you know or can talk about.
It seemed like they were talking about the same game, but sitll, they were talking about playing the game... seriously... throughout. It was amazing. This kinda guys are the kinds I won't date.

I'm glad that at our table we could talk about stuff happening in Singapore, old friends, etc. I would think that such discussions actually stimulate the mind abit. Let's us know what's happening in our surroundings in the REAL world.

Well, after talking for a couple of hours, an old classmate came strolling in. Conveniently he asked us to get out of our seats 'cos we were pretty much hogging them (but hey, we did order drinks).

Ok. Lunch time is over. It's time for me to go back to bloody class. Off to continue my "happening weekend".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home