Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Dearie's Day!

For this entry: First time using BlogThis!
The morning briefing on EVA (Economic Value Added) was really a lullaby. Too bad the class was too small for I’d have slept more peacefully. Tip to all accountants: If you’re going to give a briefing/lecture to people who may not be trained in Finance, please cut the terms used in the department. Or at least explain them in layman terms before going on. Using more financial terms to describe it is not going to make any more sense to us.

Anyway, thankfully, it was a really short briefing. I managed to get back to my office in time for lunch time – so I decided on a whim (ok, so maybe I’d just been craving it) – to go have XO Fish Bee Hoon. $5 but it was sooooooo good. Yummy.

Dearie picked me up from office (First time lehz… didn’t get lost lehz!) and we left for Sakae Sushi at Bugis. Thankfully we went in early, because he was drained by the bike ride. Too many cars he said. I agree, it was peak hour, traffic was really heavy.

By the time we left, there was actually a queue. My goodness, a queue at Sakae Sushi at Bugis on a TUESDAY. They must really be raking in the dollars.

We decided to watch CSI at my place since it was the 2nd part of a 2-part series being aired. Then he wanted to watch The Practice after too. Too bad I don’t follow the series much. It is still a good show.

Before all that, Dearie needed to get a haircut. Those $10 supposedly 10-minute cuts? It’s great if you don’t need the person to wash your hair. Save time and money. As usual, I couldn’t wait there (shop rule) so I went to shop. *grin* Don’t ask a girl to shop around for a while alone. She’ll buy something. Haha!

And I did. Dearie commented that this soft toy dog was “quite nice” and it was one of those really soft huggable types. This was just before he went in to cut his hair. So, I bought it. Found one of those free postcards and scribbled, then went to get a small cake (more like mousse). I couldn’t stand not giving surprises – albeit a small one.

Shopped around Kinokuniya. He bought a comic, and I nearly bought a Bart Simpson Guide To Life book for him. Haha! Maybe next time.

Still, I’m glad he liked the dog. Thankfully the cake tasted as good as it looked. It was bite sized. We were so full, both of us shared it at my place. Curious people can look into the mini booklet that comes with this month’s 8 Days (which Dearie readily bought). It’s the one with a strawberry and a piece of chocolate on it.

The night was too short…. Sigh……..
[Again, allow me to blame studies for not being able to take a day off to accompany him.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home