Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Band day

I was doing band stuff even at work. Printing, photocopying.... was juggling with "real" work too. thankfully, I managed to do them all. Had a nice long lunch at Crystal Jade... Actually wanted to treat the students, but one of them in the end didn't join us so too bad, the 2 who ate with me have to pay. Ask them to pay lesser they dun want.. hmm.. so funny one.

I was lugging loads of scores, my flute and my own little bag to band. I gave dinner a miss, thanks to the really good filling lunch. I realised that Rotiboy is at Clementi Interchange and despite the rain, there was a long queue (as long as the queues for buses!). I also realised that COmics Connection closed down. Don't know what is wrong with that spot. So many shops have come and gone.

I went to school and was too early. Mr Marican was not around, so I sat outside the principal's office. Nice and dry spot to observe the little ones doing their chants for the scouts, etc. While waiting, I was trying to search for Ms Teng's photo. My goodness, I now totally understand what you mean by "she is fat". She has ballooned beyond imagination. I had a VERY hard time searching for that photo.

I bumped into Miss Low. She asked about my sisters whom she was shocked that "the naughty one" is actually at business news channel. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, in her own words, she said "the naughty one".

I opened the band rooms, and soon after, a couple of people started streaming in. That was amazing. It was not even 7pm. That's a major achievement I tell you.

Well, the AVA room keyboard was working so I practised abit on it before the conductor shocked me and wanted to listen. *uhoh* i felt like I was having piano lessons all over again. He was mighty forgiving - maybe 'cos he was in a hurry and had to rush off already. I need to practice very badly.

I forgot to leave clear instructions to the band whilst too engrossed with the keyboard. I left Yingshan to it. Poor gal. Still, practice seemed to go on quite well. We had our different sessions, so we were playing different pieces each half hour. Complicated, but in a way quite fun.

I hope we make it in time for our projected concert date.

After practice, I lost the librarian so I guess I'm to keep the scores till the next practice. It's not a light load (literally and figuratively), I tell you.

We headed for MacDonalds. Thank goodness Wilfred was driving and I could hitch a ride. Supposed to discuss lotsa stuff at Mac, but landed up not doing so.
We were talking to some other members, and I was busy sorting out the scores.

In the end, the only ones left were me, Weida (flute senior), Wilfred (President of band) and young junior Victor. Our topic was all around Victor and him becoming a doctor. That's cos he really wants to be one, and he does have the qualities to be one I guess. He's in 1st year NUS Med School. He's soooo gonnna make it.

Oh, and I realised that another of my seniors is now a dietician. Interesting. (No, I mean seriously, it IS interesting.) Another ex-model (yes, that guy who was an MC once for our concert, the one that girls were happily giggling and pointing at) is in the IT line. He's playing the flute this year (a switch from the euphonium), and I'll be playing one or two piece with him too. Nah, he does nothing for me. Sure, he's good looking and all, but just not my type? I don't know. Some girls (yes, those giggling and pointing ones) really seemed to "dig" him. haha!

So lucky.. these people can play 2 instruments. Ok. I supposedly can, but they can do both VERY well. I can do half half for each. blech.

It was an extremely long day. I didn't even get to msg dearie 'cos my hands were busy holding on to all the barang barang I had. Too many things to settle. Oh, and band stuff in the end weren't settled at Mac, so I sent out an urgent email once I got home. Deadline to reply is tomorrow. No replies, and I'll take matters into my own hands and make my own decisions.

Anyone know trombone players? Trumpet players? Euphonium players? Interested to play for our Clementi Town Alumni Wind Ensemble? heehee....

I enjoy band.... It's never about politics there, never about power. Always about the music and old friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home