Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hurt

Wow. I didn't realise I didn't post what I wrote previously. Oops.

Guess it's too outdated for me to put it up now.

I bought some clothes from a factory outlet called Bebe in NY. All of them for my 2 sisters. Guess they didn't like it - 'cos they've been sitting in my room all this while. Total damage, S$285.45. It doesn't hurt when people don't like what you get them, it hurts when they don't bother to at least accept them. So now I've got an expensive bunch of clothes I don't know what to do with. Sure, I may not have picked out their styles correctly, but surely you can at least take them to your room and stash them aside?

I honestly thought the clothes were quite wearable. I would wear them if they had my size... turns out my sisters prefer the cheaper clothes I bought for myself.

I know I know. Trivial matter. But even the strong have their soft spots.

At work, it wasn't any better. My boss hit my achilles' heel hard. She didn't know she did till she noticed how badly affected I was. Basically I didn't do a good job with the arrangement for a workshop happening this week. Although I'm very unfamiliar with the item, I admit I could have done a better job if I didn't get so distracted by all the other miscellaneous stuff I've been busy with.

Anyway, for those who know me, or have followed my blog from day 1, you would know that I can be very strong when I meet all sorts of problems, but for me to feel emotionally vulnerable to hurt, all I need is a non-validation of what I do. Once I'm told off by someone, or something I'm proud of is not being accepted/validated by the person I'm doing it for, I get depressed.

If not for my colleagues being around yesterday evening, I would have cried my eyes out. And when my mum reminded me again about the clothes, I felt a thousand needles poking into my heart, trying to break it into pieces.

None of these people had any intention to hurt me, and I know it. But I guess this is just me. I can be very resilient to a lot of shit that happens but something small like this can just break me down in an instance.

I'm looking forward to Family Day this Saturday. It'll be time away from my boyfriend, but time with the family is always good too.

I have a good life, and I always tell myself that. I would say that I am quite contented with my life, but lest anyone thinks that I will simply lead a stagnant life from this point forth, I will not. I will continue to strive to learn as much as I can, become better at whatever I do, and try new things whenever I get the chance. I need to balance my time between family, friends and boyfriend.

Lots of birthdays in July.
In fact, a lot of things happening in July. It will be a very tough month. Keeping my fingers crossed to get through it in one piece. No more midnights in the office pls.....

6 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Chang said...

I'm Sure Your Sister Don't Mean It. Just Dun Be Sad Ok ?

Saturday Is Family Day ? Saturday Is My Workplace's Anniversary Day ! Alot Of People Will Be Coming. Cfm Sibei Crowded.

Maybe You Can Try " 10 Promiese To My Dog " If You Like Dogs. My Frenz Said It's A Very Sad Movie. But Coz I Dun Like Dogs So I Didn't Watch It.

Eh, Remember Tell Your Boifren. SPAIN WON ! FERNANDO TORRES ROCKS ! WUHAHAHAHAHAHA !

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Jimmy Lee said...

Yeah...Spain won!

btw, hihi...

help to vote me for best entertaining blog hor...

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Mockingbird said...

Wow. You must be loaded to be able to afford 2 dresses costing $285.45 for your siters :)

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

Chang: ya. i know they dun mean it. still doesn't feel good.

nah. i usually will watch those ang moh show. chinese show i waiting for red cliff.

mockingbird: nah. it's juz 2-3 pieces of clothing per sister. i'm not rich lor. i just like buying presents. i crazy one. haha!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I read some of your posts and you are a very happy person! I therefore am happy for you too!

Can I ask you for a favor? Check out my blog at http://singaporeboysg.blogspot.com/
You can see that we talk about very different things that is the difference between boy and girls I think.

But if you don't mind, can you link me to here and I will put link from my page also?

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger blueapple said...

Hey! I know how you feel.. same situation as u.

Tell you what, next time just buy for 'own consumption'. =]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home