Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Freak in Clementi! Be careful!

I just got followed by some sick dude.

I left the office early so I could drop by CTSS. I had to make payment for the expensive dinner. I'm glad to say that albeit some objection from my committee, I went ahead with a donation from the band. I really hope it makes a difference and we do manage to continue "operating" as per normal.

Enough about band. This post is about the freak who followed me home.

I was walking back the regular path from the MRT station to my place. A guy was walking quickly to overtake me.

No worries there. I mean, it was rush hour.

Then he turned to look at me. He didn't glance. He LOOKED. I gave him a quick glance: this guy was about 1.6m tall, Chinese but tan, no glasses, in a blue t-shirt and berms. Probably about 30 or maybe younger.

I thought perhaps I looked familiar to him, but I ignored him anyway. The path split and he took the different one. A soft breath of relief escaped me - until from the corner of my eye, I saw him turn back to look at me again.

A couple more steps, then I saw him jump onto the same path I was on. I had already slowed down, but he was still walking briskly. He continued down in front of me, but disappeared in the people in front of me. The basketball court was a welcome clearing, and I was glad there were people around.

But the relief was shortlived again. His blue shirt amongst stood out in the carpark where I saw him turn around and head back towards my direction.

I was at the end of the path. I had reached the carpark too. There was another lady who was walking somewhat in my direction. I followed her as closely as I could but she was walking somewhere completely different.

Even now, I wasn't sure if the guy was actually following me. After all, there have been other people dressed in this casual manner who have walked the same direction. This area is popular with people who just hangout, waiting for a game of soccer or basketball, or resting from one.

He didn't seem like he was going to play either, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I wandered off towards my block. He seemed to have walked away. I started to search for my phone anyway, just in case. My hands were busy, but my eyes stayed alert.

Just as I was approaching the path leading to my block... The guy reappeared and walked towards me almost from beside me.

He said something really crude. His eyes went wide and almost wild. I thought he was going to pounce. I stared at him but I didn't stop walking, and thankfully he didn't either because he past me from behind. His words still rang in my head.

I called Dearie immediately when he walked further away. I didn't want to be on the phone and distracted when he was nearer. Dearie kept me company for that short minute that seemed like eternity.

Once I reached my block, I was so thankful there was another couple of people there. My goodness, I could still see him loiter around the playground in front. I tried to keep out of sight but it was difficult. I got into the lift, reached the inside of my home safely, but clearly shaken.

I told my mummy about it. Dearie told me to inform the cops. I just did. I hope they do their rounds as he said they would.

You have to understand. I am not used to being tailed. I am not even used to being approached by guys. Hell... I've never been approached by ANY guy before! (Insurance and salesmen do not count.)

What a lousy first this makes doesn't it?

And no, I do not think I deserved to be followed. No way was my dressing "inviting". I had (as like every other weekday) no make-up on, and wearing an office jacket atop my sleeveless v-neck, a knee length flared skirt and kitten heels.

So ladies! This guy is on the prowl. His description again:
1) About 1.6m tall
2) Chinese, but tan
3) No glasses
4) Was wearing a casual T-shirt and berms when I saw him
5) Ah-beng walking style

Doesn't matter what you wear for you to be a target.

After all that CSI and criminal shows I still can't remember faces well - nor can I describe one properly either. Still, be careful. Be alert.

Guys, I never believed in having someone walk you home, but this is one time I think I'll have to revise that requirement.

I'm still a little shaken. I shouldn't be, but damn it I am.

10 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Chang said...

Hmmm, Must Be Careful Of The Guy. Maybe You Should Bring Some Spray Can Or Something.

I Dunno Whether Informing The Cops Got Use Or Not. Singapore Cops Freaking Lazy One. ZR Arm Kena Chop For 1 Year Plus Liao Still No News.

You're Not Wearing Anything Very Revealling And A Knee Length Skirt Is Too Long Liao Lor. =X

Anyway Be Careful Lah. Ask Him Accompany You Home Whenever He Can. Walk In Places That Has More People Lor. Dun Walk Those Cock Cock Lanes.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

ZR arm chop.. that one.. really suay. no other way to describe.

and ya. not revealing lorz. but he commented on my chest so i guess the focus was different.

if i'm with zr, he'll always walk me back so i'm lucky. next time i go m'sia i going to buy pepper spray.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haiz..wat de freak say to u? if i were u i will tail him instead and ask him wat he wants..haha

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Sexual Innuendo said...

Yah, you should be careful these days. SO many weirdos around. Maybe get someone to walk with you down that path in future?

Or is there any other path you can take? Do take care.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CALL 911!!!

I mean ... 999.

oh you called. heh.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Liquid Ecstasy said...

You attract ah bengs mmm.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

Muz where he appear at mah...

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger (T) (H) (B) said...

opps n i just saw it.. haha. it's time i look behind when i walk too...

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Old Beng said...

Be more careful and yes, try to walk in bright-lit area with people around.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

anonymous: it was reeeally crude..

sexual innuendo: i'm even more alert nowadays whenever I walk alone - which is almost all the time.

shilin: yeah. this kinda thing muz call. wait the freak move to other places of singapore and scare others. but then again it happened the same night as when the body was found in clementi mrt. hmm...

esctacy: no. i attract freaks.

HB: yes. u so hot, u better do.

old beng: i try, but some parts bo bianz very dimly lit one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home