Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Blardy auditors

I had an audit on Friday. You wouldn't think a tiny administrative person like me would ever kenna getting audited because I do small tiny stuff like filing and coordinating.

Unfortunately, in my army-styled organisation (note that I do not say it's my company that's like that but because we are a subsidiary, we've no choice sometimes), I am subject to this audit.

The auditors came and scrutinised every document under my care. This is regardless of which year they are filed. Meaning even if the documents are older than I am, I am supposed to have proper records of them - despite no handing over from the previous person.

For your information, I took over this job in a ONE DAY handing-over session. I understand that auditors are only doing their job and it would be really odd if they had no findings. Somehow, what I find even more odd is how they seemingly not find these discrepencies last year, OR the year before.

Aiya. A lot about the audit that I'd like to nag about but... blech... I don't wanna be caught under some funny Act for saying-stuff-I'm-not-supposed-to-say.

All in all, I'm glad it's over. I'm waiting for the audit report so I can rectify all the shit they managed to dig out (including recording the incorrect date, filing sequence.....).

I don't believe in "bribing" auditors. I don't think I've got anything to hide for my work. Errr.. Ok. Maybe not entirely, but almost. Work is still just work. I enjoy it - except this army-styled part. You see? I understand how you army guys feel about your army kinda procedures and paperwork. No need to rant to me about how sucky they are 'cos I know.

But at least you guys have them in place and just need to follow accordingly. I have to start from SCRATCH and figure out these things through auditor findings. Thankfully my salary is not affected by stuff like that 'cos I think my mgt knows that I've cleaned up ALOOOOOOT of crap that was left behind. So many messy records. Shitty hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home