Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Monday, June 13, 2005

I can be pretty too!

It was a day for Dearie's cousin to get married. His mum asked me to go get my make-up and hair done at a salon just below their block.

I was worried.

I mean, I really didn't think that little salon downstairs would do me up all right. I was afriad of what make-up they'd use, and what kind of obiang hairstyle I'd come out with. Prior experiences with salons are to blame for this.

But I was proven wrong. Sitting there for over an hour, I was transformed from an ugly duckling to a .. rather pretty swan (if I may say so myself). I think the only other time I'll ever look like this is on my wedding day.


This is just one of the photos I took of myself after the "makeover". More photos to come (no not just of me in Dearie's room, but at the wedding). Posted by Hello

Too bad the glitter around my eyes can't really be seen here. Eyeliner can do wonders for eyes. Ah well, dunno how to use. Haha!

Taken when we got there:

A polaroid of Dearie and me for the guestbook - which resulted not being able to upload it directly. Posted by Hello

The restaurant:

This was within the country club. An angmoh-styled buffet dinner was held. It was all beautiful, too bad the food was just not our type - and I mean that the whole family wasn't thrilled with the food, let alone myself. Veal pasta, mutton on a stick, wierd soup are just to name a few. Guess I'm just not cut out for expensive food be it Chinese OR Western. Posted by Hello

Taken from the verandah where wine was being served:

The poolside (just outside the restaurant). Posted by Hello

Here's an awkward looking Dearie and me outside the restaurant while we were enjoying the view from the country club.

Use camera phone snap ok?! I was snapping it. No play cheat. I only took 1 shot! Posted by Hello

Check this out... got money anything also can.. ahhh.. i waaaaaant toooooo.....

The beautiful wedding gift for everyone to bring home - a bucket of rock almond egg chocolates, some shredded paper, a beautiful red bow and a creative little tag. Posted by Hello

By the time I got home, I was pretty tired. My mum helped me with my hair reluctantly. She felt that it was so rare to see me so dolled up and pretty-fied. First time she ever saw a pretty side of her daughter bah. Haha! By the time all the pins and rubber bands were taken out of my hair, I looked like this.


Compared to the above photos, my HP camera just needs to have some kind of "lighting" option, so I don't always look so wierdly coloured. Still, what an interesting photo of me in curly (ok, wavy) hair. Posted by Hello

You wouldn't have wanted to touch it. It was hardened at some parts, and really tangled at others. I managed to spen a LOOOONG time in the toilet washing off the make-up, hair-spray dye and gel, and un-tangling my hair.

I managed to "steal" 3 tulips on the dinner table. Very beautiful. When I brought them home, mummy put them in a vase and they started to bloom. This is how they look like on my bedside table:

Heehee.. I thought this would be cute. Isn't penguin soooo cute?! heehee! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home