Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The good weekend: continued

I was glad to know that mummy was all right when I woke up. It was 9am. I had to meet my colleague at 11am to visit another colleague. Remember one had stroke? Yes, I was getting a lift from my parents to visit him. Managed to stop by Holland Village to get a small bouquet for him.

Sigh. He used to be so cheery. Plump. Smiley. When we saw him, he could only blink. He had gone so thin. At one point I think he nearly cried. I was at a lost for words. I could only keep asking him to quickly get well.......................................

My colleague and I didn't stay too long. He needed to rest. We left Ang Mo Kio Hospital (which is really at Yio Chu Kang MRT) and took a nice slow walk. We talked 'cos we hadn't really done so since she shifted office. And she may be resigning. Sigh. Losing another good colleague. She's such a nice person. Her daughter's going to be just like her! Heehee..

When we got to the MRT station, we parted. I called Dearie and realised he hadn't gone swimming. He was sleeping. Must have played too much again the night before. I later learnt that it was true. He played until his monitor got spoilt at 5am. Power right?

Anyway, I told him I wanted to go shopping. On thinking of his mouse which has a spoilt scroll, he suggested Bugis (which is conveniently located near to Sim Lim). Fine, since I wasn't exactly keen on going to Orchard anyway. The heavy human traffic there can be quite a put off.

By the time Dearie reached Bugis, I had already bought some liquid foundation, checked out some Fox stuff and searched for YX's present. Nope, I wasn't bored yet. Heehee.. I pulled him along to buy the Fox stuff I was eyeing on (splurged $30 on "jogging gear" just like that), showed him this handphone keychain thing in the shape of a boy which flashed a red light on his "down there" when there's radiation, and more and more shopping. Haha!!! Shopping is goooooooood I tell you.

This is where the fun part came. We went to the toys department. Dearie checked out the Gundam stuff I don't understand. Meddled with some supposedly light sabres, and SAW MADAGASCAR TOYS! AH! SO CUTE! Good quality ones ok! Cuddly stuff! About $25! Dearie bought for me ah!!!!!!!! He even bought a Madagascar T-shirt (with the cute on Mort on it) for Kiki!!!


This is the picture on Kiki's t-shirt. What a cutie!!! Posted by Hello

Awwwwww... is Dearie sweet or is Dearie sweet........

We made our way to Sim Lim. Thankfully the rain had stopped. Walked around to see the mouse and monitors. Had Katong Laksa for "dinner" at 4+. Learnt that there was an extra monitor his dad found, and probably under my "subtle" hints saying that his mouse can still be used (the scroll is not THAT spoilt), he didn't get anything. Trust me, that is quite amazing. To keep any amount of money in the bank account is always amazing. Oh. He also had to consider that if he bought the mouse, he may have problems surviving the next 10 days on $2-3. I guess that was a motivating factor. Still, I'm impressed. I had a shopping spree while he resisted one. That's my dearie!!!!!!!!!!!

We got back amidst some fierce traffic on the roads. Got back safely. I happily took out the penguin to show it off.

Here's me in my room, where mummy said I should try to make my mouth look like the penguin's:

Hideous looking huh? Just contrasts nicely with the penguin which is soooooooooo cute. Can't stand it. Must let kiki see quick! Posted by Hello

While we were watching TV, I put my glasses on penguin.

Dearie calls this Professor Penguin! Posted by Hello

Watched Armageddon and had to keep resisting those damn tears. I succeeded. Yay.

This was a great weekend. :O)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home