Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

"1st" day of work + "Housewarming"

I'm back in the office after a 3 week hiatus!

Wow. It's so refreshing! My boss won't be around till Thursday but left a bunch of stuff for me to do. Blech. Still, for him to let me go for 3 weeks... not every boss allows that ya know?

1 of my colleagues is off honeymooning. The attachment student is off for half a day 'cos he needs to go back to school. 1 of my colleagues got a stroke on the day I started my leave - and he still hasn't really recovered.. sigh.. he's such a nice guy.. hope everything turns out well.......
I have yet to check on my mint plant. A few people knew I got 2nd in the karaoke thing. 1 colleague hinted I'll get a promotion (I don't really need one, but a pay raise would be more than welcome!). 1 colleague is still trying to check if he can get cheaper Snow.Wolf.Lake tix. I brought a bunch of tidbits to the office from last night's "housewarming".

Speaking of that, other than the weather, it was really quite nice to have everyone gathered under one roof. I may not be the best entertainer or host, but I'd say it turned out quite well. They even brought gifts!!! That was so sweet.... It's not like it's a new house mah, yet they still bothered leh.

The pig's dumb router thing took a damn bloody long time, meaning that Bladey and YL were completely busy in setting it up the whole time till dinner. YX and her bf were busy exploring the house (at least someone was interested). Those 2 were like trying to see what they could do for thier future home. Haha!

That whole afternoon, kiki was really touchy. He was still feeling bad from diarrhea so every time the doorbell rang, he cried (doorbell must have been too loud). He was initially abit apprehensive about approaching ZR (who came at 2+ <-- still considered late! humph! I am turning into a gaming widow I tell you.). Somehow, kiki seems to remember ZR for playing cars and balls with him, so when ZR managed to entertain him with a colourful spring and a ball going through it, he couldn't stop laughing. Poor ZR must have been exhausted playing with him. Kids are really tireless.

Later that night, Evon and YX and her bf played the same thing with kiki. He thus made new friends. Evon managed to teach kiki how to say Thank You! Something we've been trying to no avail!!! Kiki is sooooo cute.

There was plenty of food yesterday. KFC, pizza, tidbits I'd bought on Sunday with my NTUC vouchers..... LOTS. I even made jelly, but it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. Still, YL said it was all right. Yay!!! I really need to learn how to cook soon.

Exams are over. In the quiz I said I wanted to start jogging. If the weather permits, maybe I will do so today. Maybe. Hmm.. I'm procrastinating again. Hmm...................

My ex-attachment student (female one) asked if I wanted to go for a spa thingy this Sunday. No, it's not free, but since I've never tried, why the hell not right? Her mum also wants to come I think. So cool. [Her mum open beauty salon one. Very nice lady.] If I like it, maybe I'll really go Bintan and stay at Angsana and enjoy the spa there too!

Ok. I'm off to continue doing more work. If I intend to go jogging, I really cannot afford to do OT. I really really really really really have to start exercising. I've become such a lump!!! This saturday "cross-country" at macritchie. Company thingy. If I actually jog throughout this week, maybe I'll go...................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home