Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Mid-week update

Studied a little. The fishes were getting bullied (small ones bully big ones) so had to separate them (or rather mummy did that, I only pointed it out). Played with the very naughty ki. Had a long but fruitful band meeting. Came back to enjoy TV (channel 5 lehz - from an scv-must-have person).

I love my life.

Running a band really is more than what I imagined. I don't run it, but I'm glad to get to see the "behind-the-scenes". Not that I never knew about all these elements, but I never really had to bother about them in the past. There was always "someone to oversee it". Now I actually have to make sure it gets "over-see-ed".

Expenses, logistics, communication, and managing the players' feelings/relationships and skills. Got to make sure we're going to be profitable (so we can sustain ourselves), and we sound ok musically, blah blah. wow.. really.. overwhelming sia. The concert is on 17th June. This is really quite a rush.

I hope all my friends get to come. It's going to be a really really really informal kind of concert. I still think that last concert was THE most fun one we'd ever had. I hope this one would be too.

Anyway, did anyone read the wonderful letter in the forum by Dr Lim? It was about the raising of transport prices. Yes. It is an issue that never fails to fill me up with anger. The wonderful statistics he challenged in his letter was perfect. Fancy the transport company happily saying that a low income family onli uses about 5.8% of the household income on transport. BULL CRAP!
My take home salary is at most $1200 per month. I'm fortunate to be able to leech off Starhub's not-so-punctual free bus service, and that my work place is incredibly nearby.

I really do not think all low income families have a choice with their location to work, and if they have a kid who's going to school... my goodness.... a slight raise in transport fare (please SBS, don't use minimal calculations and cheat us) will make a large difference.

I can afford the raise. As long as they keep it to 5 or 10cents. But this will most certainly affect the price of food and other stuff. That will NOT be good for me. Even worse for others I'm sure.

Let's just see how does car taking high-up-there nicely seated and dressed personnel are going to decide. They don't seem to have a clue how it feels like to squeeze and fight for a place to stand during rush hour. Sure, every country has this, but they don't get to go through it so we have every right to prevent a fare raise. And I'm sure that they have higher salaries than us! (I mean those in other countries.) We're talking relativity here.

Let's not forget the enormous profits they are making. Wow.. And I hear from Bladey that being a bus driver, you actually do get quite good pay. (Definitely waaaaay better than me.)

Ok. I'm doing alot of complaining. Haha... It's fun isn't it? Just COMPLAAAAAAAAAAIN. hahahaha!~

Got some more to complain about but I forgot.

Oh. I want to go for a little getaway at Desaru. Otherwise Bintan. I haven't made up my mind, but I would like to go during an off-peak timing. And gotta make sure don't clash with Dearie's Genting trip. Hmm...... At most 3D2N bah. Gonna monitor the weather abit more for now. Also gonna see which one is safer to go (Johore roads....... or the seas......) I got a lot to live for you know. Haha!

PS: Anyone like to play Poker 7 with me on MSN please invite. I'd like to play it but I suck at it. And Patrick keeps bullying me. HAHA... and Dearie keeps winning me too. ARGH. I know. I've always sucked at games but.. argh... I just don't believe I can't do better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home