Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Saturday, May 21, 2005

My "assignment"

Helping the pig with her marketing paper. Long time since I've written one. Not doing the whole thing, just the major portion.

I've taken marketing before, but I can't sell or do business (don't have such brains) so she already had all the plans worked out, even the research! All I've got to do is piece them together and make sure I manage to come up with 2000 words on the 4Ps. It's not that easy, it's really time consuming, but since i've got nothing better to do, heck it.

Reminds me of my mass comm days sia. Do research, do quotes, citations, no plagiarising (eg: 3 words in a row from a book/article/journal), etc. But I was trained in journalism, meaning my style of writing is very much more formal and objective (to a certain extent). I'm always more concerned with whether every sentence I type or claim I make is substatiated with evidence. If I were to grade what I had typed already, I would put loads of question marks, but the pig said it's ok, that the markers don't mind, so.... I'll leave it then. The statistics/substatiation I need for what I wrote would not be possible to get unless I really were a journalist.

Did you all read the report in the New Paper about guys being wimps and such? I didn't, but I was told that it was a very skewed report. Apparently, all the interviewees were Communication students. What the hell. When I wrote for the paper in the school (Poly some more) we were not even allowed to use quotes from our department people - unless the news was purely about us. And this NTU Communications intern dare to submit all her interviewees from the same dept, and New Paper actually dare to publish.
Nevertheless, the issue of guys going soft.. hmm.. To a certain extent I have to agree. More and more don't have a mind of their own. Girls don't mind being in charge, but if they feel like mothering someone, they'll have a kid, not a guy. Girls like to fuss over guys, sure, but in the end, girls indecisive nature still need someone as an anchor.

Is it important to feel needed?
I think it is crucial. Critical. Sometimes I feel that I'm too dispensable. I don't find people, no one will come and find me one. If I didn't exist any more I think only my family would know.

Anyway, yesterday was quite hectic. Exam, exhibition, competition, and then I actually made it to band!!! Had a very fruitful practice. Screwed up badly with one of the members 'cos I (of all things) sms-ed her when I should have just bloody called. Ok. I couldn't really use the phone that day and sms-ing was my easiest way out, still.. I screwed up. Badly. I hope it's been resolved.
I was glad I sounded all right on the flute though. I really need a keyboard to practice for my piano parts. Sigh. Next week no practice.

At the karaoke thing, I learnt that one of my colleagues is leaving the company. Her last day is on go-home-have-dinner-with-your-family day. She's been one of the closest female colleagues I have had, and now she's leaving?! Sigh... but she should. She deserves better. On Friday probably attend her BBQ - just nice no band huh?

Turns out, I'll be watching Star Wars only next week. It shouldn't be very fantastic. I am more looking forward to Madagascar. But I was hoping to space show before the cartoon. Too bad for me.

Monday's "housewarming" day. Yay. Going to make use of the vouchers. So cool... everyone can actually make it. i love gatherings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home