Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, May 20, 2005

Time to be materialistic

I was supposed to be studying last night. The paper is tomorrow. I landed up planning my finances for the rest of this year. Just a brief overview, but something for me to target by end of this year. Money money money...

Then I somehow digressed into the presents I received this year (yes, all for my birthday):
1) A satchet of body scrub salts (something I needed)
2) A pierre cardin handbag (another bag always nice to have)
3) A Lee Hom CD (which I do think is nice... ok.. so mainly Forever Love..)

Somehow in my quiz, everyone felt that it was WHO gave me the present is most impt. Nonononono... Like I always say the surprise factor has to be there. The best amongst the 3? The CD. Why? 'cos Dearie slipped it into my plastic bag and I only realised it was inside when I got home. It was a mighty pleasant surprise since I kept saying how nice the song inside was.
Ok. So he didn't really mean for it to be that way. He said he forgot to tell me it was inside. But like what Xiaxue said in her blog (yes, I occasionally see her blog), there are many small things that make a girl go: SO SWEEEEET!

Does the joy of giving still apply in this world? This half year I've given (to different people, of course) a spa package (shared present), a soft toy dog, a winnie the pooh pillow, and an ipod mini. Not alot, I just realised. Not the value of the items I'm looking at, but just thinking through the thought of buying these things. Believe it or not, the ipod mini was the one with the least thought put in. (Relativity again pls.) While the soft toy dog was probably the best.
It's how the present was given and in what state that it was received that's impt.

On another note, is it easy to find someone to talk to any more? I do not mean someone who'd only listen, but someone you can converse with. About life, future, society..... Just little discussions... I find myself doing that with only my mummy. And sometimes the pig when she's around. Or the occasional meet-ups with YL. Believe it or not, YX too and sometimes Evon. All female. Hmm.. What a trend. Do males ever talk about anything outside of gaming??? Ok the older guys at band maybe. Yet too serious also I think got problem sia.
Not like I'm very smart like that. I don't need in-depth conversations about politics etc etc etc. Just, you know, some sort of banter about what's in the news or happening around us. Not a one-sided talk-and-listen/avoid session.

Eh. I'm still normal ok? I talk about my American and Singapore idol series, tv shows, movies, music, mtvs, mags, etc hor. But I realise that some people don't even know about the revolution of reality tv.

Maybe I think too much, but I would like to have some sort of direction in my life and plan abit for my future. I could be thinking a tad too far, but 30 certainly isn't THAT far is it? Sure, life's uncertain, but don't people need something to work towards to?

I save monthly. Only a little at a time (read my previous post, I bring home AT MOST $1200 hor). It's not like I'm a scrooge or what. I do bother about the "now" too. I splurge on weekends - everytime I go out and eat not cheap hor, whether or not I finish food. hehe.. (No, Dearie doesn't always pay. We... hmm... alternate paying? I don't know any guy who still insists on paying all the time any more.) My urge to shop, my ktv-outings all not cheap also lor. (Yes, also fully paid for by yours truly.) If I travel also all the way one. No think, no bargain, just pay. (Ridiculous right? I also think so, but really lahz. If too exp as in not enough cash on hand, then I just dun buy.)

Damn... I'm a paradox on my own. Freaking confused about what I really want. I already have a perfect life. I should stop thinking about what better it could be.

Still, keeping to the topic, I think I manage my money well despite not taking any risks (aka going into investment). Loans are a huge no-no.
Funny how most guys around me don't seem to have a clue as to how to save a single cent. Maybe the army ought to teach them? But then again, I think it's better that all guys leave the finances to us women. heeheeheeheeheeheehee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home