Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Another happening weekend

For some reason, my life is not as routine as I probably thought. That's good I guess. Spruces it up abit.

I didn't get to jog on Thursday since there was no one at home. Had a good time enjoying the finale of American Idol. I watched it on SCV so the experience was not destroyed by lousy Channel 5 News which announced the winner. Channel 5 showed the finale in 2 parts with the news in between. Who the hell would want to watch the 2nd half when the news revealed the answer!?!?!?!
I think the finale was done very well. The idols singing with idols, the David Hasselholf thingy, and of course, the spoof of Paula's scandal turned Simon's love affair. For those who didn't watch the Corey Clark "documentary" you may not have gotten the joke.

Friday was interesting. I had a good buffet lunch. Ate too much. Eeks. My close female colleague's last day with the company. She got better job outside mah. Higher salary, good looking indo-chinese boss, and lotsa ang mohs around. Had a BBQ that night held by QA dept at ODE (Lakeside office, where I used to temp for HR). My now ex-colleague's office was there mah.
Needless to say, I barely ate. Really. They ordered THAT much food from the ala carte buffet lunch.
I sang abit at the bbq (got karaoke system one ok?) and met a group of India nationals who were really quite friendly. They are contract staff attached to one of the depts there. Had a hard time deciphering what they were saying. Thankfully I could blame the loud music and singing.
Dearie sent me home after that. So sweeeet. No, he didn't read my previous entry. Heehee... Anyway, the office near his place lahz, but I always think that sending someone home is a very nice gesture. Awwwwwwwwww...
I later throwed a little tantrum at him but we made up. Ok, maybe not so little, but making up is always nice (yes no more words to describe liaoz).

He left late, and managed to wake up early to accompany me to my company x-country run (read: Cross-country run)!!! Is he sweet or is he sweet?! [Ok. I gave the morning call but he made e effort to wake up! For me!] We got a lift from my parents there. Managed to reach slightly after 7am. Wow.... By the time the run started at 8+, the sun was already up and working up to full force. We walked the entire 3.2km. The trail was muddy and slippery till we got to the roadside path. Still, it felt sooooo good after. We got a bus back to Clementi and had a good Macdonald's breakfast. YUMMY. I had my favourite hotcakes. I love them. Even bought that $3 CD. Haven't even tried it. haha!

We headed back home to bathe, after which we promptly fell asleep. Of course lahz... we so tired sia. We had a whopping 4hour nap (Dearie had more 'cos he fell asleep first. I was busy changing rabbit newspapers and waiting for my hair to dry.). Anyway, we blur blur woke up at last and decided that if we didn't go get tickets to Madagascar then, we'd never be able to get proper seats.
After a long while of snapping ourselves out of sleep-zone, we trudged our way to Jurong Point. Got 4 tix 'cos Zhenyuan and Weitang were joining us. I wanted to watch the show SOOOOO badly.

We had lots of time left to the 9pm show so we went to Dearie's house first. Had dinner and watched Simpsons and Final Fantasy on Channel 5. Damn we had to leave half way through the show. Argh. I'd never watched it before you know.

But I'm glad we left when we did. We managed to reach early but had a hard time with the crowded parking lot. Rushed up, then they decided to get Nachos. Had to queue and thankfully, just when we sat into our seats, the show started. Heng ah.

There was this irritating kid just behind us that kept making a funny sounding noise everytime the animals were doing big actions (which was almost all the time). Halfway through the show he finally quietened down abit. Here's a tip: NEVER watch a cartoon in a neighbourhood cinema before midnight.

Ok, he wasn't the only kid, but he was loud. There were a few others here and there but they weren't so bad. The show was hilarious. I loved it. I absolutely do not regret watching it. I think animation is fantastic. I even caught the making of the movie today! Did you know it took 4 bloody years to make this 95min long movie?! So much work ok?!
And no, cartoons/animation are NOT for kids only. There is a reason why there is Shrek and why some jokes in the cartoons, kids will not understand. Have a deeper appreciation for things. Just because you watched cartoons when you were a kid does not mean that you should not when you grow up. Reviews were not so good for Madagascar. Perhaps because it was really short. But hey, it was supposed to be a wacky ride and it delivered. Let loose, laugh out loud! I did. That's what a good movie should do for you.

We hung around and talked abit. Went back to Dearie's to get some windows programs for the pig that was not at home as usual. He told me the story of him and Yan taking a shit together while at camp. They were chatting while laying their dump. Yan had taken lady's finger earlier so he was saying he'd be able to see the seeds in his shit. So he did. (What the hell?!) That was when the action began. He noticed two long strings coming down from under the toilet bowl. They were moving. They looked familiar. *Gasp* They belonged to a cockroach!
Dearie told Yan to get up and flush it down. But he couldn't. Yan had shit stuck in his ass halfway. He hurriedly tried to finish his business, and by the time he had, he took a look again. The feelers were no longer there. Then he realised it had fallen into the bowl and was swimming for dear life. I can almost picture the scenario of Dearie asking him to quickly flush it down, while Yan probably did over and over and over again. 2 guys afraid of a cockroach. Haha! Like fighting some alien like that.

Ok. back to Saturday night.

Got back and found out that my mum had vomited a few times. I know the feeling. You couldn't really do anything. The best was to go to a doctor which my mum eventually did. Dad drove to one of the 24hr clinics. Mummy got a jab, came home took some medicine, and went to bed. I went to bed right after. Ah.... What a weekend. There's more.... but I'll post it later. With pics!

By the way, I think I'm turning dyslexic. Hmm.. Scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home