Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

An eventful Friday

Timmy (yes, that ex-student-turned-still-in-NS boy) came back to see his section at the workshop. That's really sweet. I mean, not many students actually do bother to come all the way back to our ulu office just to pop in and say HI. It's always such a pleasure and joy to see the good people come back.

Didn't manage to finish my work, so I've got to go back on a SATURDAY MORNING. Who ask me have to go band at night. Can't OT. blech. Damn 2Q5Yr review. Damn auditors. Damn....

But anything for band I guess. It was just soooo fun making music. I actually managed to sight read some jap folk song (but ok, it was really easy) and play with the "pros" of the flute people. It was so fun!!!!!!! Somehow, I didn't screw up too much on the piano. (Don't think history will repeat itself next week when it's a different piece though.) Absolutely amazing when a piece comes together and all the different parts join to be a whole.

We're all working in small ensembles/groups for this concert so everyone's sound will be extremely exposed. Everyone's got some kind of solo somewhere so blending together, being able to read each other's signals and styles..... oh... Why didn't I just study music?!

I also re-confirmed that I am sooooo not a leader. I'm very much a coordinator. You know how managers have 5 roles (business management put in practice) - Plan, Organise, Control, Coordinate, Command. I am soooo not all of them. haha! Somehow I excel in coordinating more than anything. Maybe it's 'cos I'm used to doing it at work.
Anyway, the band is really not easy to run and manage. Thankfully the President's really good and our schedules don't clash. Committee's also good 'cos whatever roles we work out, we actually follow. Things are starting to come together and get going: concert venue booking and admin, coordination with the school, attendance of players, pieces and etc......

Just learnt that Jarod got through the 1st round of Superstar (that Channel U thing). Congrats!

I'm supposed to go to SIM to return my library book now, but I'm so lazy. I feel like going straight to office.
There's a goodie bag with purchase of certain magazines at Buzz Stations. I hope it's still on now.... Seems like a good deal. hmm............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home