Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Friday, August 26, 2005

Creepy and nice people lurk at work

Check out Ruben's post on his close and creeeeeepy encounter here.

You can also read about a funny encounter semi-atwork here.

-----------------------------

Mine's on nice people at work. Mainly my boss.
I finally finished organising the farewell BBQ for him.

Happy - 'cos everything went without a hitch.
Sad - 'cos his last day is on Tuesday.

I can't post photos of the event for fear of the ISA being enacted upon yours truly, so I'll see what few I can afford to put up when "Picasa's Hello" (for uploading photos) is working.

I'll miss my boss alot. He's been so extremely wonderful. Of course the remaining managers are just as fantastic, but it's just something I can't help feeling.
My workplace is heaven. Really. Only that career prospects don't look too good for youngsters like me.

Heck. I'm not really much into career as I am into salary. I'm sorry about being all $$$-minded, but it's my main concern. I need it for my future lahz. hahaha! I can say all this 'cos I love my current job. haha!

My boss said to me while sending me back, that he recognises my effort. I know it too, because he shows it on a day-to-day basis. He's such a good boss that all I really need as motivation sometimes, is just a heartfelt "Thank You" or buying a small trinklet from overseas.

Better still, my GM also appreciates my work. It's not easy to find people (much less bosses) who actually appreciate ADMIN work. All that coordination, super multi-tasking, etc etc... or maybe it just applies to my company. If people think it's easy, they do lahz! Why need me right? hahaha! Still, I enjoy it. I am sure MALES will have problems - I haven't found one who can multi-task properly. So you may not need a degree to do this job but it definitely requires much more from one - all the stuff you don't get from the Singaporean education.

My boss calls me the General Manager of the company - because I touch on all areas of the company that keep it functioning (except the ones that bring in the business - the engineering stuff). HR, IT, Finance, etc etc etc... I take on whatever I can. I don't see the need to push things away if I am capable of doing them. Why give up a chance to learn something new? You really can gain a larger appreciation and perspective of how a company runs.

I call myself the person who spends the money that the company makes. HAHAHAHA!

I could go on and on, but I think I'd bore whoever's reading to the core.

----------------------------

Going to office tomorrow to participate for the first time in the 7th Month Prayer thingy. Going to monkey-see-monkey-do.

I'm exhausted. But this definitely feels better than if it were being caused by studying.

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger juz_A_ga| said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA!~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home