Juz Another Gal

What else can I say? I'm just another girl!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Making the most of this week

After work, Dearie picked me up from my office to go for the interview. It was an interview conducted to survey what people thought of MDIS as an institution for private studies (aka to get a degree). We both went. I was expecting an Indian lady to come out and get me - turns out it was an ang moh. The design of the company's office looked soooooo gooooood. Raffles place district mah. Really fantastic looking office. and meeting rooms.

Anyway, the main reason why we went was not because we were too good hearted sould who wanted to help this lady stranger out. It's because at the end of the interview we received $30 each. Woohoo!

I was planning to go back and make jelly for my charity fund raising thingy but Dearie said he was watching Batman Begins at 9:15pm, Clementi Empress (yes, still alive), with Weitang, Zhenyuan, Edwin and his gf Fiona.

Turns out when I got home, mummy was busy making agar agar, and I wouldn't be able to make jelly till later that night anyway. Dearie and I lounged around and left for the movie soon after. We still arrived late - turning out from the carpark is no easy feat I tell you. Those damn cars... argh..

Well, we got there and Dearie got kicked by a couple of them boys. Heehee... We got the tickets for a mere $5 each. And pretty much free seating since most of the cinema was empty. Yes, there were actually people in the cinema.

We missed a small portion of the show, but it was all right. I thought it was a very good story. Except for the fight sequences, everything else was really good. Christian Bale actually looked like Tom Cruise at some points. Hmm.. His body was huge.. Maybe a little too huge. Co-stars were well chosen. All in all, good movie.

By the time I got back, it was 11+. Wanted to save time so I had to take the lift to 13th floor and walk down 1 storey to find 3 fluttering giant moths.

Never mind.

I walked back up and took the lift to 9th storey, only to find the 10th storey had the same situation.

Damn giant moths.

Took the lift back down and took the other one directly to 11th floor instead. ARGH.

Too tired by the time i got back. Set my alarm clock for 4:45am to make jelly.
-------------------------------

Alarm went off. Mum came into my room said she made it at 3am. Damn. She beat me to it. Ah well.

Today was the charity sales. I spent the entire working day working on it. Posters were put up the day before. I did up the banners, etc. My colleagues helped to set up our little stall.

Everything went smoothly. We sold plenty of ice-cream and all the agar agar and jelly were gone quickly.

We had fellow colleagues from different locations who leeched off our location - meaning they set up stalls beside us. All for charity so not really too concerned with competition. It's nice to get a chance to see them too. I enjoy welcoming people to where I work. I think it's a nice enough place.

Anyway, we all had a good time. Plenty of work to do tomorrow in the office. I am suffering from lack of sleep now. So many people around me fall sick liaoz.... at least once some more... why I haven't lehz? Or at least not sick enough to get an honest MC. Blech.

I need rest. But before that, some CSI. Heehee.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home